• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Norton refusing to honour licences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton refusing to honour licences

Hi all

I bought a few hundred Bullguard licence keys around May last year. Bullguard have now been acquired by Norton.
    Bullguard keys are not accepted through Norton activation website as Bullguards keys are 16 digit and Nortons are 25,
    Norton had to activate the codes manually, which they stopped doing.

They ask for the pictures of the keys and proof of purchase, both of which I gave them. I requested an exchange of the Bullguard keys for the replacement Norton keys.

After a grueling 3 weeks of dealing with an unhelpful Norton support team, they tell me they will manually activate the keys for me.

Friday 20th 2023, is the day I get the first call from the level 2 team, explaining that I need to return my licences back to the reseller for a refund.

Which of course is impossible. They also tell me that they will no longer support the keys I have. (The limit they activate is 15 apparently)

My next step is to send a letter to their Nortonlifelock Consumer support, Norton Executive escalation Team.
    Any advice would be appreciated, maybe small claims court next?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X