• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Setting up LTD while employed, notice period, anti moonlighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up LTD while employed, notice period, anti moonlighting

Hello

I handed in my letter of resignation and have 1 month notice period.
    I told my employer I am setting up limited company which can be a competition to their business.
    They send me a letter pointing to anti moonlighting clause, in full below.

My question is: can I set up the company while still in employment, provided I will not trade yet, no operations, no work whatsoever for the company, just establishing and paper work, so all is set after the employment is over?

Regards
    Jay

The clause:
    1.3.4 During the Employee’s employment, the Employee shall devote their whole time and
    attention to their duties and shall not directly or indirectly engage or be concerned or
    interested in any other business of any kind without the express permission of the Directors
    of the Company (the Board) whatsoever provided that nothing in this anti-moonlighting
    clause shall prohibit the holding of shares or debentures quoted or dealt in on a recognised
    Stock Exchange in the United Kingdom or elsewhere so long as not more than five per cent
    of the shares or stock of any class of any one company shall be so held.
    1.3.5 Where express permission has been granted by the Board (see Clause 1.3.4. above), the
    Employee shall not engage in any activity that the Company believes to be in direct or
    indirect competition with the Company’s business, or which is otherwise incompatible with
    its business interests, or which in the Company’s view does or might impair the Employee’s
    ability to perform their duties for the Company fully and efficiently.
    1.3.6 The work as described in Clause 1.3.5 above should not in any way have an adverse effect
    on the Employee’s work for the Company, either because of its nature or because it involves
    long hours and extra stress.
    1.3.7 The work as described in Clause 1.3.5 above should not bring any conflict of loyalty to the
    Employee’s position within the Company or conflict with the interests of the Company.
    1.3.8 When engaging in any such work as described in Clause 1.3.5 above Employees should not:
    • Comment on Colleagues, Clients, or fellow professionals, suppliers and contractors in a
    way which the Company would regard as objectionable;
    • Involve themselves in any activity which conflicts with the interests of the Company or
    would bring it into disrepute
    Tags: None

Duplicate post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X