• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What info Do I need to collect from seller when I am the buyer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What info Do I need to collect from seller when I am the buyer.

Good afternoon - I have tried googling this but to no avail, I am hoping I can get some advice on this.

I am a self employed trader, I sell online and I am currently in a partnership. I am very much under the threshold for VAT registration requirement (not even close)

I have recently acquired some business space inside a trading center or "emporium" as they are often referred to.

As well as selling I would like to offer to buy items from the public for cash.

So my question is what details do I need to record from the seller (public selling, me the buyer)

I had thought about making up some kind of sales receipt...

Make the seller aware that items may be scraped or auctioned of and they would be unlikely to be able to rebuy, make the seller confirm their name and that the items are owned by them and they have 100% of the rights of ownership to sell them. make a note of the item and price I paid. Have a tick box for the seller to tick to tick to agree they have been shown the terms of sale and agree. And have them date and sign.

Would this be suitable and sufficient should any issues arise down the line? Is this overkill? Is this Legal? Is there anything missing that I need?

I just want to be sure I do things correctly from the start.

Thank you for any help and advice!
    Last edited by madstacks; 25th August 2021, 13:58:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi Madstacks

That sounds sensible, I think you will learn as you go along, I'm an 'awful' shopper. When I buy something, regardless of value, I think about 'what if something goes wrong'. That helps me decide who to buy from.

a) You could add, 'that the item purchased must be complete',

b) With technology, you could take pictures of the items you buy and before you sell, it would help with potential disputes (they can't say the item wasn't in good condition).

c) You could head off legal claims, find a ADR Scheme that you could use. In the event of a Dispute, I am happy to resolve the matter through XXXXX scheme.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X