• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

When can I send in my witness statement and evidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I send in my witness statement and evidence

Hi New
    to the site have an issue​​​​​. I am sueing a defendant for misrepresentation
    Synopsis- buying a business which was run on a leasehold premises. The seller wanted to get out of being guarantor on the lease so lied to his solicitor about the lease. He completed the lease and gave a draft lease to my solicitors which meant I had to agree to be guarantor if the deal was to proceed I had paid 25k deposit and was assured a lease was in place prior so tried to continue. Landlord refused my references and ended up frustrating the deal. Vendor refused to give deposit back. I have so much evidence it's unbelievable once I received my file from my solicitors. In their defence they lied about the date the lease was executed amongst other things. I am at the directions questionaire stage but want to provide the witness statement and evidence in support of my claim. Do I need to wait for court to ask or can I send it in as part of directions questionaire Under section I other information. Not kidding the evidence is overwhelming but they don't know how much I've got emails original lease. Most important I think their defended response. The lease stated categorically executed -18.2.-20 they put in their defence 20.2.20 and claim the landlord signed it that day before it was sent to me at 05.20am that morning.The date and time important because they claim I had time to see the guarantor requirement before it was executed.
    Furthermore from my file it seems my own solicitor new the lease had been completed but continued to refer to a draft lease up until I pulled out.They kept delaying my filing a claim till they closed and reopened without a litigation arm- legal ombudsman dealing with them
    Tags: None

Witness statement normally presented a few weeks before the court appearance, actual time determined by the judge. The exhibits would be numbered and referenced in the witness statement.

Comment

Many Thanks just thought save time and money if the judge could see the evidence. As per the directions questionaire asking for information that might help the judge allocate track

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X