• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BBL legality issues. Help needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBL legality issues. Help needed.

Set up LTD business 2019. As I was subcontracting a lot through agencies. And it was becoming more and more rewuired to have a Ltd company to avoid umbrella payrolls

I ended up not needing this Ltd company as I took a job on a temporary contract late 2019. As an employee.

My contract expired and has rolled over ever since. I am still employed by said company.

However while on furlough last year. I somewhat stupidly applied and received a BBL of £12,000.

I used this money to purchase a vehicle through the business bank account. I have been using the vehicle (car) for personal use as at the moment I don't have time to be trading within my Ltd company.

I have no problem paying all money back And want to.. via the repayments agreed with the bank.

But am I legally able to do so personally with a company trading but not actually turning over any money.. incoming and out will be effective 0 other than the BBL.

All advice will be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Thats tax payers money i.e. My Money. PAY IT BACK

Comment

BBL loans were not taxpayers money.
      It was a facility provided by accredited lenders providing limited loans with a government backed guarantee against the outstanding balance.

Keep to the repayments and there should be no problems.

Comment

So, the government guarantee is not backed with tax payers money?

Comment

The OP states "I have no problem paying all money back And want to.. via the repayments agreed with the bank"

No tax payers money involved unless the guarantee is called on

Comment

des8 you know I respect your opinions and on occasions bow to your knowledge but we seem to be locking horns on a regular basis for some reason? If it’s me I apologise.

Comment

EnglandPi differences of opinion are fine, that is how posters obtain a spread of ideas and possible ways forward.
              As long as it is kept polite and respectful I have no problems with disagreements

Comment

EnglandPi We tend to lock horns on parking too. The latest is you have given misinformation about POFA and keeper liability and a OP that had a very good chance of winning has now not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  EnglandPi We tend to lock horns on parking too. The latest is you have given misinformation about POFA and keeper liability and a OP that had a very good chance of winning has now not come back.
                  I have never knowingly given misinformation to anyone but I admit parking is not my field of expertise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X