• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refund on faulty goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund on faulty goods

Looking for some advice.
    I purchased a shed from a local company who came to my address to deliver and assemble the shed. We noticed there were over 45 holes where knots had fallen out, the window frames were measured too small so there were gaps, there were parts where the wood had split. I contacted the company and they came and fixed those problems. We then painted it in two coats of shed paint. A week later when it rained, the shed leaked very badly where the tongue and groove joins were and in each vertical corner of the shed. It was bad enough that the wood all swelled and warped. I contacted the company and they came and had a look and agreed that it was not fit for purpose and they would bring a complete new shed. They agreed to also paint it in the same paint I had used.
    once the second shed was in place, it rained and yet again this one leaked too. Not as bad as the first , but still through the joins and corners. I contacted them and told them. They came out to try and repair the leaks, they were trying to mastic the joins when it was raining so this did not set and water was still getting in. I asked them what to do if it still leaked. They said that they wouldn’t mess about with it anymore and would Give me a refund.
    so when it still leaked I asked for a refund. They said they would come and get it, check for damages and refund the money. But they want the shed back before the refund is issued. I asked to draft up a written agreement to say they will refund me if no damages are seen but they refuse to sign anything and said if I don’t agree then they will not go ahead with the refund. Where do I stand please. Any help would be great.
    Tags: None

Consumer rights Act 2015. Goods not of merchantable quality. You have allowed them multiple attempts to resolve so you are now rejecting the goods. You want the cost back plus your additional costs such as paint

How long ago was this?

Comment

You rejected and requested a refund.
      Their duty is to make the refund within 14 days
      Your duty is to make the goods available.

7)From the time when the right is exercised—
      (a)the trader has a duty to give the consumer a refund, subject to subsection (18), and
      (b)the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X