• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Company's audit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company's audit

Hello all

I am after some legal advice please...

I was a director of my previous company for over 8 years. I was forced to resign my role in last October, and now I am just a shareholder of the business.

I received an email from my previous company yesterday asking me to fill in two forms – Directors Emoluments and Related Party Disclosure Statement. What happens is, another shareholder has asked for a company's audit for the last company's year which was ended on 31 July 2019.

Please tell me if these two forms are necessary for me to complete personally for the audit.

I found it odd that the business has a record of what I received from the company up until 31 July 2019, so I don't quite understand why I am now asked to fill in the forms for the audit.

Furthermore, I have fallen out with the other directors of the business, so the back of my mind keeps telling me they possibly try using these two forms to catch me out here.

Before I left the company, I received a basic salary plus a dividend through my alphabet share every month. But once I walked out the door, I have not received a penny from the business even I was still a company director up until October 2019. So I thought if I must complete these forms, I will only declare I have received no money as a company director from the business. I can only see the basic salary was for me being an employee (not a director) and the dividend through my alphabet share was for me being a shareholder (not a director).

Many thanks, and very much appreciated!
    Tags: None

Hi,

This forum is not a place that gives legal advice and no advice is a substitute for seeking independent legal advice from a lawyer qualified in the law you are asking advice on. It's a specific question on company law and possibly overlapping with tax/accounting law too, so you might not get the correct answers you are looking for.

My advice is to not scrimp and get proper legal legal advice, you might even be able to get your answer from someone who offers a free consultation.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Hi,

This forum is not a place that gives legal advice and no advice is a substitute for seeking independent legal advice from a lawyer qualified in the law you are asking advice on. It's a specific question on company law and possibly overlapping with tax/accounting law too, so you might not get the correct answers you are looking for.

My advice is to not scrimp and get proper legal legal advice, you might even be able to get your answer from someone who offers a free consultation.
      Hi, thanks for your comment. Please tell me if I should look for a solicitor or an accountant for a proper legal advice.

Comment

Your post requested legal advice, so if that's what you are looking for then it's a qualified lawyer you need to speak to.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X