• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC compliance check for 2016/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC compliance check for 2016/2017

I have received a letter today from HMRC from the "FRAUD INVESTIGATION SERVICE" stating Check of Self Assessement Tax return for the year ended 5th April 2017! Upon looking on the internet, it would appear that this compliance check is a tax fraud investigation. Does anyone know how or why or under what circumstances this would have been initiated? They have listed a tax adviser on the letter that I have never heard of, after phoning HMRC, this company is listed as my tax agent? So ive had them removed, and will be contacting the company to find out how they have me on their list.

I have all of the information that HMRC want, so thats not an issue, and i have all the figures that were submitted on last years tax return, however, I cant help feeling that there is more to this than initially meets the eye.

Has anyone any ideas, any information you can give me would be a great help. Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X