• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removal of My goods and services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of My goods and services

Hello. I have an issue with one of my customers who is not paying me.
    There has been a bit of back and forth and he originally agreed to pay me. Then he came up with some stipulations one of these was having the invoice in a new format.

I carried out these stipulations and issued a credit note for the original invoice and a new invoice in the requested format. To this new invoice I added an administration charge. As this took up my time to go along with his late requests. Now we have got into and even deeper divide.

I originally supplied and installed some new equipment at a property for a builder. The builder has now sold the property but has not paid me.

Can I legally remove all the equipment and services I supplied and installed?

Please help as I don't really won't to go through small claims court.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Tags: None

Unless you have a clause in the contract that says you can enter the customer's premises to remove the unpaid goods then you will be trespassing and your only real option will be to go to court.

If you don't want to do that, write it off or come to some other arrangement with the customer.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob,

What if the owner of the property allows me on to the properrty?

Comment

The owner of the property owns the equipment and services you installed.... they purchased them from the builder. Your only recourse is to take the builder to court to pay the invoice.

What were the changes he wanted making to the invoice ?
        How much approx. is the invoice amount outstanding ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does your invoices state that the goods remain your property until the invoice is paid?

Is this a builder company or a trader

Comment

do your Invoices is up to you and I certainly would not be pandering to all & sundry otherwise you get to a state where all your customers have something different. As long as all the relevant information is on it then that will do. Are you registered for VAT? Did you also know about this https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-p...-debt-recovery ?

Has this builder said why he refuses to pay or is that his usual way of doing things and next time he will find someone else? Do you know if he is a member of any trade organisation? Have you checked to see if he owes elsewhere or unsatisfied CCJs?

Comment

Thanks everybody for your thoughts.
              Amethyst - In answer to your questions;
              • I originally invoiced the builder with a cost for the supply and fit of equipment. Then a day before he had agreed to pay me he then wanted my NI and UTR number as well as a break down between labour and materials. I provided this information in an email. After this he then said he couldn’t pay my invoice until it was broken down to show labour and materials as separate items. So I then issued him a credit note for the original invoice and then issued a second invoice laid out as he described. To this I added a admin charge of £50.00. This is because I had already wasted a lot of time on this job and he had plenty of opportunity to tell me how my invoice needed to be laid out. Not on the day he had agreed to pay me. He now refuses to pay the invoice unless the admin charge is taken off.
              • The total amount of the invoice is £1600 (aprrox. (inc. VAT) Yes I am VAT registered).

It looks like I might have to cow down and suck it up. As I can not really afford to be without this money as I have a VAT return due and of course it is the beginning of the month.
              I could take him to court but there is a chance I could lose, and I can’t really wait for the outcome. Also, and more importantly, if I lose I could end up paying him.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I think that if you made an offer to remove the £50 then you would still not get paid. I would take the hit and make the offer (without prejudice save as to costs) and demand payment within within 10 days of the delivery of the letter. Inform him that if you have to spend more time on this matter then there will be a an additional charge of £50 for each letter sent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X