• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow / Restons vs Fish69

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow / Restons vs Fish69

arrow / reston vs fish69
    received claim 9/11/16
    submitted defence 7/12/16
    CPR to reston 21/11/16
    CCA to arrow 21/11/16
    Claim stayed (no response from restons) end feb 17
    I assume the claim was stayed sometime towards the end of February.
    CCA reply from reston 12/04/17 with application form dated 22/3/04, reston requesting I withdraw defence.

Hi, I am part way through this claim after completing the above steps, the claim was stayed sometime in February, I have now received a letter from restons / arrow in response to my CCA, they have supplied one single A4 page Credit Card Application.
    I am after advice on the correct response, bearing in mind this is a pre April 8 2007, I have read a couple of threads and their replies, but nothing that recent. if you could point me in the right direction I would be much appreciative.

thanks Fish 69
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow / Restons vs Fish69

Originally posted by Fish69 View Post
    arrow / reston vs fish69
    received claim 9/11/16
    submitted defence 7/12/16
    CPR to reston 21/11/16
    CCA to arrow 21/11/16
    Claim stayed (no response from restons) end feb 17
    I assume the claim was stayed sometime towards the end of February.
    CCA reply from reston 12/04/17 with application form dated 22/3/04, reston requesting I withdraw defence.

Hi, I am part way through this claim after completing the above steps, the claim was stayed sometime in February, I have now received a letter from restons / arrow in response to my CCA, they have supplied one single A4 page Credit Card Application.
    I am after advice on the correct response, bearing in mind this is a pre April 8 2007, I have read a couple of threads and their replies, but nothing that recent. if you could point me in the right direction I would be much appreciative.

thanks Fish 69
    Good morning @Fish 69,

Is that application form all that you have received?

If this is all they have to rely on I think they may have problems, there's no terms and conditions and if this is an attempt at providing a "reconstituted " agreement it needs two sets of T's & C's one relevant when the account was opened and on set relevant when the account was closed + any other documents mentioned in the T's & C's.

This dates from 2004 so the actual agreement is needed.

When did payments cease, and when was the account defaulted?

If you respond it should be short and to the point e.g. " you do not consider that the document provided meets the requirements of CCA 1974 and suggest that Restons advise it's client to discontinue the claim".

nem

nem

Comment

Hi Nem, thanks for the response,
      Yes they have only sent that one a4 page document, they have sent absolutely nothing else to either the CPR to restons or the CCA to arrow requests, at the moment they seem to be hoping I will withdraw my defence because they have produced the one document.

Payments would have stopped sometime in 2009/ I'm unsure about the default.
      It dropped off my noddle account in the autumn of last year, so there are no details on noddle.

I did mention in my defence that it was statute barred.

regards lee

Comment

Hi Nem, thanks for the response,
        Yes they have only sent that one a4 page document, they have sent absolutely nothing else to either the CPR to restons or the CCA to arrow requests, at the moment they seem to be hoping I will withdraw my defence because they have produced the one document.

It dropped off my noddle account in the autumn of last year, so there are no details on noddle.

regards lee
        Hello Lee,

Stick to your guns and don't tell the to much.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem

Comment

they have only sent that one a4 page document, they have sent absolutely nothing else to either the CPR to restons or the CCA to arrow requests, at the moment they seem to be hoping I will withdraw my defence because they have produced the one document.

It appears from that application form which you uploaded that you applied for the M&S &More credit card account in store. Is that right? This could cause them some difficultly if they try to say the Ts & Cs would have been on the reverse.

It also appears that you entered your partner's details so was he/she an Additional Card Holder?

You've blanked out what seems to be your signature in the section agreeing to Payment Protection. Did you have PPI on this account?

If you're worried that they may make an Application to lift the stay then send a Subject Access Request to Marks & Spencer to get the full history of the account. That way you'll be one step ahead of them.

How much is this claim so you can try to assess whether they'll have a go at continuing with the proceedings?

You've no need to reply to Restons letter since the claim has been stayed. They won't discontinue if you ask them.

Less is more with litigation. You don't have to reply to every letter you get from the opposition.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X