• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt Collectors

Oh of course - thank you!
    :high5:

I had not put this into context whatsoever.

Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:dance:

Comment

Do you like this little postcard? (See attached pdf below)

I thought I'd response with this letter, or should I not bother to waste my postage?

Frederickson International Ltd
      PO Box 260
      Weybridge
      Surrey
      KT13 0YH
      To Whom It May Concern:
      Re: RBS Card Services
      Your reference: xxxxxxxxxx
      I refer to your post card of 7th August 2009 and your letter of 28th July 2009.
      You are so clever to have confirmed that I live at the above address, well done you!
      I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why you have sent me a threatening letter and post card as I have been making payments on this account directly to Mint Credit Card, and have written correspondence directly to Mint, therefore I insist that you stop writing letters to me!
      Continued pursuit in this manner will result in litigation being taken against your company under the Protection from Harassment Act citing Ferguson V British Gas (2009).
      I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.
      Yours faithfully
      Will be paying £30 to Mint this weekend to cover May, June and July payments (although they don't like me paying them for some reason) and then follow it up with this letter, which is a repeat of one I have sent previously to them, they'll probably reply with "we must insist you deal with DCA", which I'll ignore:

16TH August 2009

SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Mint Credit Card
      ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC
      36 ST ANDREW SQUARE
      EDINBURGH
      EH2 2YB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have continued to make payments to reduce the balance – I made a payment today of £30 to cover May, June and July payments. As I previously notified you, once I am in a position to be able to make further increased payments to reduce the debt significantly, then I will do so, in the meantime, I will continue to make the £10 direct to yourselves in order to reduce the balance.

Once again, I make the reasonable request that you instruct your “agents” who you have now changed to Fredrickson International Ltd to stop contacting me as I am making payments direct to yourselves.

I would be grateful of your patience until my financial situation improves.

Indeed, I would also remind you once again of your obligation under the banking code that you will "develop a plan with you for dealing with your financial difficulties and we will tell you in writing what we have agreed.”

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
      Any thoughts gratefully received - but please no more postcards! LOL:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

tbh I don't think its worth responding to Fred at all. Unless CB tells you to, that is. No doubt they will soon get Bryan on the case, but as we all know it doesn't really take a lot to get shot of him. He does have a nasty (but usually pointless and unsuccesful) habit of taking peeps to court in the hope that it will scare them into coughing up. Unfortunately for Bryan, when he comes up against Beagles (Curly in particular) he usually scuttles back under his stone fairly sharpish.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Latest letter from Fred:

:bowl:

Comment

I assume you are still paying the OC, in which case file this under I

Comment

Yes - albeit, I may not pay my £10 for a couple of months, then pay enough to catch up..........

Comment

Sent this letter to Mint:

21st September 2009

SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY

Mint Credit Card
                Royal Bank of Scotland PLC
                36 St Andrew Square
                Edinburgh
                EH2 2YB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have continued to make payments to reduce the balance – I made a payment on 13th August 2009 of £30 to cover May, June and July 2009 payments and I have made a payment today of £20 to cover August and September 2009 payments. As I previously notified you, once I am in a position to be able to make further increased payments to reduce the debt significantly, then I will do so, in the meantime, I will continue to make the £10 a month direct to yourselves in order to reduce the balance.

Once again, I make the reasonable request that you instruct your “agents” who you have now changed to Fredrickson International Ltd to stop contacting me as I am making payments direct to yourselves.

I would be grateful of your patience until my financial situation improves.

Indeed, I would also remind you once again of your obligation under the banking code that you will "develop a plan with you for dealing with your financial difficulties and we will tell you in writing what we have agreed.”

Yours faithfully

and as Wendy predicted, have now received a letter from Bryan Carter.

:help:

Comment

LOL.
                  I was just thinking about you

Dear Pond Scum,
                  I formally advise you that I will no longer be cowed by your meaningless threats of ensuing litigation and I must inform you that I am dealing directly with Mint concerning this account.
                  ANY further baseless and unlawful threats received from your company or your Organ grinders, WILL result in litigation being filed under the protection from Harassment Act and administration of justice s40 with reference to Furguson Vs British Gas. I will also file reports with LCS and the OFT concerning your fitness to hold a licence to practice Law and a consumer credit licence.

To make this perfectly clear, so even an amoeba like you can fully understand.

FECK ORF AND DIE, HORRIBLY

Yours, with a REALLLLY big stick.
                  Birdie

Ps yes I DO bite, but don't swallow..
                  and I'm protected by CB's steelies
                  hehehehehehe

Comment

Do you dare me to actually put "Dear Pond Scum"?

Tee hee!

Comment

I double dare you to send the WHOLE thing !!

Comment

Just caught up with this entire episode. fecking Brilliant. I love it. Great advise CB.
                        I wonder if I will have the pleasure one day........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X