• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

today i receive a claim form for county court from mortimer clarke issued from the 13 of april
    you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on 20 APRIL 2017.
    I make the defence date 16th May.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by troubleuk View Post
      well i sent of the CPR request today but i didn't put Mortimer address on the CPR letter just CABOTS does it matter

also sent off a SAR to capital one

do i sit back and wait to hear from them or should i be doing something else

@nemesis45
      CPR 31.14 should go to the solicitors, as there is no fee I would send it again to Mortimer Clarke.
      Start thing about your defence plan ahead.

nem

Comment

Defence Example

send CPR request again to solicitors, if I was bloody minded and the request came to my office ( They are not out to help you when they want blood money), I might not forward it on Result - you might get judgment by default. must read and digest what/where to send paperwork!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          send CPR request again to solicitors, if I was bloody minded and the request came to my office ( They are not out to help you when they want blood money), I might not forward it on Result - you might get judgment by default.!
          The OP would only get a Default Judgment if they failed to file their AOS/Defence by the court deadline. The CPR Request is not a court document (it's sent direct to the Claimant's solicitors) . It's optional not compulsory.

Di

Comment

The defendant reading above comment should realise that making an error in submissions could lead to a default judgment eventually nobody is saying at this stage they would get one, (albeit a warning signal), but if documents sent to wrong place then be aware they may not be received at correct establishment and eventually get a default judgment due to papers sent in error to another address and not forwarded.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              The defendant reading above comment should realise that making an error in submissions could lead to a default judgment eventually nobody is saying at this stage they would get one, (albeit a warning signal), but if documents sent to wrong place then be aware they may not be received at correct establishment and eventually get a default judgment due to papers sent in error to another address and not forwarded.
              A CPR Request letter sent to the wrong address cannot lead to a Default Judgment since it's not a court document. Default Judgments are the sanction for failing to comply with a court deadline.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                A CPR Request letter sent to the wrong address cannot lead to a Default Judgment since it's not a court document. Default Judgments are the sanction for failing to comply with a court deadline.

Di
                we know that but if Documents are sent to the wrong place they may never get to the intended recipient (no matter what the document is)! just a be aware warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The cpr request did go to Mortimer I just never put there address on the letter only realised when I got home. I will send another one asap with Mortimers address on the letter the letter i sent to mort started off like cabots address vs me

@MIKE770 @Diana-M
                  Last edited by troubleuk; 22nd April 2017, 17:39:PM.

Comment

i sent another CPR request of to Mortimer clarke today signed for today with it addressed to them so lets see what they have to say

Comment

i got a reply from mortimer clarke today regarding my CPR request

here is the letter they sent to me http://prnt.sc/f1fqd6

i have only had a letter from cabot saying they are passing this on to there solicitor no others
                      please advise what i do next

thanks very much
                      @Diana-M @MIKE770
                      Last edited by troubleuk; 27th April 2017, 12:27:PM. Reason: edit text

Comment

I see it's one of those sneaky letters where they're trying to get you to disclose documents from your files which they should have in their possession but obviously haven't.

Nice try Mortimer Clarke!

They've agreed to extend the deadline to file your Defence so it's your duty to inform the court in writing.

It may seem like they're being generous towards you by extending the deadline, but the reality probably is they're the ones who need more time to hunt (or reconstitute) documents.

Di

Comment

thanks @Diana-M

so i send a letter to the court saying mortimer have agreed a extension of 28 days

and also a letter to mortimer telling them i have no letters to inspect thats why i sent a CCA to cabot and still not received anything about the claim against me

are there any templates that i could send to the court has i really have no idea what to write
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by troubleuk View Post
                            thanks @Diana-M

so i send a letter to the court saying mortimer have agreed a extension of 28 days

and also a letter to mortimer telling them i have no letters to inspect thats why i sent a CCA to cabot and still not received anything about the claim against me
                            Yes to the first part (inform the court in writing about the extension) and make a diary note of the new date. Ask on the forum if you're not sure.

No to the second part. You've sent a perfectly valid CPR 31.14 Request which they now have to deal with. No need to tell them what you have/haven't got. They were phishing for information.

If you tell them you've got nothing they may reconstitute something thinking you've got nothing to compare it with. At the moment they don't know what you've got. If you follow my logic

Have you sent a SAR to the original creditor? When you get a response you'll be able to see what really went on and when. If there's no information on the DN for example, yet the Claimant produces one, that begs the question of where did they get the information to do that.

No need to reply to Mortimer Clarke's letter.

Di

Comment

i think my defence date is 16th of may as on the court letter it says issue date 13 april 2017

and i have sent off a SAR still waiting to hear from them

thanks
                              Diana-M

Comment

A little help with writing to the court re the extension agreement here - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...filing-defence
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X