• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabot financial ltd + mortimer clarke

Ok so my defence was on the 14 of June got letter off the court saying waiting for Mortimers next move and should hear something with in 28 days now does this include weekends as they only have a couple of days to get in touch with me MCOL website just says defence recived on the 14th that's it
    Last edited by troubleuk; 11th July 2017, 11:39:AM. Reason: Wrong month

Comment

my defence was on the 14 of April......
      June?

I believe there is a bit of a backlog with court processing atm.
      You could phone the court for a status update (though if it were me I'd wait a few days).
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by troubleuk View Post
        Ok so my defence was on the 14 of April got letter off the court saying waiting for Mortimers next move and should hear something with in 28 days now does this include weekends as they only have a couple of days to get in touch with me MCOL website just says defence recived on the 14th that's it
        Standard stuff.

The Court will serve the Defence on the Claimant, they have 33 days to reply advising if they wish to proceed or the Claim gets stayed.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Sorry edited post it was June and thanks for the reply people

Comment

well its been 34 days if they include weekends and not heard a thing and on MCOL it does not say anything apart from when my defence was received

Comment

give it a few more days if nothing ring the court to as the latest state i.e. stayed etc?? do not look to much into the situation court always behind with paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                give it a few more days if nothing ring the court to as the latest state i.e. stayed etc?? do not look to much into the situation court always behind with paperwork

will leave it till monday thanks mike for the reply

Comment

Try not to stress- says me !

Comment

Just looking- if the worst comes to the worst and they produce some docs ( or even if they don't) you could use mediation to make a payment arrangement at an affordable amount- no idea what your circumstances are but say you were in JSA you may get £1 a month - only take em 30+ years to get their money back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X