• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues with a Charging Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with a Charging Order

Hi All,

Earlier on in the year our local authority took us to court for an arrears of £5k for council tax arrears and were successful.

For a number of years now, I have sufferred with serious bouts of anxiety, stress and depression and have been on and off medication from you GP. The effect of my mental health means my managing of my money is impaired and has led to all the debt issues.

At the time of the council's actions, I had pleaded with them to make a payment arrangement, siting my state of health and the impact the charging order would have further on my state of health.
    At this time, I was also out of work and in receipt of benefits, due to this I was not able to attend the court hearing as it was not possible to get to the court.
    I submitted a written statement to the court relating to my mental health condition and the effect the order would further have on my stress and anxiety, this was ignored and the order was awarded.

Due to this being at a time when my mental health was and still is impaired, I wonder if there is any mechanism or advice anyone can give me to see if I can get this order overturned and the order removed from the house.

I am in a very, very low place at the moment, trying to deal with everything and just looking for some advice....

Thanks for your attention, and hope someone might be able to help me.

David
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X