• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

old credit card court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old credit card court case

Hi everyone I hope this is in the right place. I got a credit card from Halifax in 2002, couldn't afford to pay 2yrs later as my wife was made redundant. I was told by the CAB to asked them for a signed agreement, if they couldn't produce it i wouldn't have to pay them. They couldn't produce one and eventually I stopped getting letters from them. The debt was sold to lowell and I received letters but never spoke/sent letters, I haven't spoken to anyone since about 2005/2006 I'm sure. I received a court letter last month, I replied saying I believe it should be statue barred, I've now received one from court saying lowell are basically not backing down. I've checked my credit file and it says i made payments upto 2010 then I arranged to make payments to 2011 then it's defaulted. I've not paid anything since 2005/6 so how can this be on my file and have I got a case. Really appreciate some advice many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: old credit card court case

Did you go into a DMP or did you ask the CAB to sort anything for you... What were the payments Ie £1 £2 £5?

Comment

There were no payments, I was on the phone to the cab asking someone what options I had and that was what I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshirelad1973 View Post
        The debt was sold to lowell and I received letters but never spoke/sent letters, I haven't spoken to anyone since about 2005/2006 I'm sure. I received a court letter last month, I replied saying I believe it should be statue barred, I've now received one from court saying lowell are basically not backing down.
        When you say you received a "court letter" do you mean you received a county court summons and then filed a Defence of statute barred only (or did you plead other legal arguments?).

The next letter you say you received from the court may have been a Directions Questionnaire?

Post up details of the claim (if that's what you have received).

Di

Comment

Yes sorry I received a court summons, I filled it in saying I believe the debt to be s/B and I was hoping that would be it. I then received yesterday notice of proposed allocation to the small claims court. I checked my credit report last night (joined equifax) and couldn't believe it when it said I paid up till 2010. That's not correct

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshirelad1973 View Post
            I received a court summons, I filled it in saying I believe the debt to be s/B and I was hoping that would be it. I then received yesterday notice of proposed allocation to the small claims court. I checked my credit report last night (joined equifax) and couldn't believe it when it said I paid up till 2010. That's not correct
            Can you post (type out) the Particulars of Claim from the summons.

This Claim is underway so you cannot ignore the court's timetable.

What makes you think the CRA file entry is incorrect? Do you recognise the payments showing on it or could they have been made by a third party on your behalf such as a DMP provider?

Could it refer to another/different account altogether?

Di

Comment

I will put up the particulars of claim tomorrow when I'm home from work. I'm positive the dates are wrong. I only had it 2-3yrs if that, they are saying I paid it 8 yrs but didn't pay on the 9th yr. No third party paid and I've never been to a DMP On equifax it let's you hover above each month which ive suppose to have paid and the balance just stays the same. ??

- - - Updated - - -

Ps thanks for looking at my thread. I'm at wits end

Comment

Particulars of claim
                The claimants claims for the sum of £3.956.58 being monies due from the defendant to the claiment under a financial services agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and hbos plc
                Under account reference 545578885568770 and assigned to the claiment on 24/6/2014 notice of which has been given to the defendant
                the defendant failed to maintain contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with
                the claim also includes statuary interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum a daily rate of £0.87 from the date of assignment of the agreement to 24/06/2015 being an amount of £318.42.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this is info you asked for

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X