• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell claim form received from court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell claim form received from court

Originally posted by J03anderson View Post
    what charges and interest would warrant slapping over £1000 on the bill??
    I've not read through your thread in any detail but it may be a DJ would take the view that you'll be only arguing over "quantum" (the precise amount owed) not liability for the debt/claim.

If this is a mobile phone debt could the extra charges relate to any unpaid minimum contract commitment even if the phone ceased to be used?

Did the contract include provision of a handset, and was that handset (if there was one) returned at any point?

Di

Comment

Diana thanks for your reply, the default amount with orange themselves was £1065 that was the debt they sold to bcw that was the total amount owed to them including remainder of contracts etc

Comment

how would I go about finding out how the debt has went from £1065 when it left orange to now being £2333.80 and can I contest this amount??

Comment

INFO OFF MY CREDIT FILE RELATING TO LOWELL BUT THERE IS NOTHING ON THERE FOR ORANGE

Lender
          Lowell

Lender

The name of the Lender, as held at the Credit Reference Agency.
          This may appear to be incorrect, as it is common for companies to market products as being their own, when in fact they are provided by another provider. This is especially common on Charity Credit Cards, which are predominantly serviced by MBNA Europe and reported as such.
          This is reported to us by Callcredit and more recently by Equifax, you can edit the name recorded using the grey Personalise button next to the main title above.

Account Type
          Telecommunications Supplier

Account Type

The type of Account held, as reported by the Lender.
          The exact wording often differs between Callcredit and Equifax but should both reflect the same type of account.
          If this is materially incorrect, it can affect your ability to get credit as some scorecards will look for accounts of a certain type, or evaluate how many accounts of a certain type you have. If the entry is incorrect, you need to contact the Lender directly.

Accountholder Name
          Mr **********

Accountholder Name

The name against which the account is held.
          If there are any spelling mistakes in the name, you may wish to contact your Lender - it is possible that the name they have recorded is incorrect.

Account Address

Account Address

The address recorded against the account as reported by the Credit Reference Agency.
          Each credit reference agency records the address in a slightly different format, so small inconsistencies are to be expected, and are unlikely to have any impact on your credit rating.
          If this is an address at which you no longer live, or is materially incorrect, you should contact your lender with your new address. Failure to do so could expose you to an increased risk of identity fraud, as any correspondence from your lender will be sent to this address and may be opened by the new occupants.

Date of Birth
          13 February 1984

Date Of Birth

The date of birth of the Accountholder, as reported by the Lender.
          If this information is incorrect you should contact the Lender to get the records corrected, as it may have a minor impact on your credit score with some providers if they conclude that the account is not yours.

Account Opened
          18 July 2007

Account Opened

The date on which the account was opened.

Last Updated
          7 October 2016

Last Updated

The date on which the details of the account were loaded into your Credit Record by the Credit Reference Agency.
          This can vary month on month, and on some occasions, if the Credit Reference Agency are unable to load the file due to errors or other data quality issues, this may be delayed by a month or more.
          The update process is typically only done once per month by each Credit Reference Agency, and not always on the same date each month.

Account Number

Account Number

Part of the account number.

Account Terms
          Monthly repayments

Account Terms

The terms under which you took out the agreement with the Lender.
          This information can provide prospective Lenders with a deeper insight into your commitments and therefore your ability to meet the terms of any new Credit Agreements you may wish to take out.
          If the information reported is incorrect, you should therefore contact the Lender for resolution.

Payments Started
          Not Recorded

Payments Started

The date on which you began making payments on the Credit Account.
          This may differ from the date the account was opened, as some Lenders allow an initial period before payments begin, as specified in your agreement with the Lender.

Opening Balance
          £1,268

Opening Balance

Any balance due when the account was opened.
          For credit card accounts, this is likely to be £0, whereas for loan accounts this should equal the amount you have borrowed.
          If you are paying a fixed rate of Interest on the account, sometimed the original balance will include the interest that will be accrued during the full term of the agreement.

Lump Payment
          Not Recorded

Lump Payment

A payment made in lieu of several smaller payments, for example during a mortgage agreement, or at the start of a contract hire agreement where you may pay 3 or 4 payments as a form of "deposit".

Current Balance
          £2,333

Current Balance

The balance currently outstanding on the account.
          This balance is highly unlikely to reflect that due if you elect to settle the agreement early - this figure can only be obtained by contacting the Lender directly.
          Similarly, it can vary depending on whether Interest is included on the balance, or if only the capital sum is being reported.
          When applying for credit with other providers, this is a key item of interest for them as it can provide an input as to your current liability.
          It is also used as an "honesty" check on applications where the prospective Lender queries the "current balance" at the time of application on existing accounts - there is naturally some tolerance built in on these checks due to changes that occur over time, however, it is important to be truthful on such application forms to avoid any fraud alerts being raised, and to minimise the chances of the Lender contacting you for clarification as part of the application process.

Credit Limit
          Not Reported

Credit Limit

The total amount of Credit provided in the Credit Agreement by the Lender.
          This value is most relevant on Credit Card accounts, and is a key part of the Credit Agreement offered when approved for a facility.
          This limit may be raised or lowered from time to time by the Lender, sometimes automatically and other times by request.
          Prospective Lenders are likely to assess your total available Credit when making a decision on whether or not to lend to you, so it is important that this value is correct.
          If the information reported is incorrect, or you wish to change your Credit Limit, you should contact the Lender directly.

Lifetime Change
          £1,065

Lifetime Change

The change in the amount owed since the account was opened.
          This value is calculated by us based on information provided by the Credit Reference Agency, and is simply the difference between the Current Balance, and the Opening Balance - it is not reported by the Credit Reference Agencies.
          The calculation should reflect payments made with a small margin for error, and relies upon the Lender reporting your balances (Opening and Current) consistently in terms of whether interest is included or not.
          If this value appears to be incorrect for any reason please get in touch.

Monthly Change
          £0

Monthly Change

Where available, the amount the balance has changed from last month to this.
          This information is calculated by us, based on the Month-on-Month Current Balance, which is only reported by Callcredit.

Worst Status
          US

Worst Status

The worst status recorded against this account as evaluated by us - each Lender will have their own view on exactly which status is worst, for instance some may consider an Arrangement To Pay as being worse than being 4 months late, and others the complete opposite.
          In simple terms, we evaluate in the following order - clean, late, arrears (2 months late), arrangement to pay, serious arrears (3 or more months late), default and write-off/repossession.
          This reflects market conditions and is reviewed regularly - for instance, Arrangement To Pay is now considerably more common, and is being used to reflect less severe cases, for instance if you run up a large mobile phone bill and are unable to pay the month in full but proactively seek to spread the cost of the overspend over a couple of months, this would be likely to be recorded as an arrangement.
          If you feel that this interpretation is incorrect, please get in touch.

The status of the account is unknown. The payment status has been reported as in default.

Default Balance
          £1,268

Default Balance

The balance which was outstanding on the account when the default notice was served.

Default Date
          19 June 2013

Default Date

If a Default Notice is served on the account, the date on which this occurs is reported here.
          An account enters default when you have broken the terms of the agreement in a non-reversible manner, typically when you enter seriuos arrears on the agreement and are not making payments, which can happen at any point from 2 missed payments to 6, but can ultimately happen at any time if you break the agreement.
          A default has a serious impact on your ability to obtain Credit at a reasonable price, and will remain on your file for 6 years from the default date.
          If the information reported is incorrect, you should contact the Lender directly.

Default Satisfied Date
          Not Satisfied

Default Satisfied Date

If a Default Notice has been served on the account and has been satisfied, the date it was satisfied is reported here.

Account Holder Status
          Normal

Account Holder Status

This is the general status of the account holder.

Account Status

Account Status

This is the general status of the credit account.

Reported Until
          June 2019

Reported Until

The date on which the account will no longer be reported on your credit file.
          This date is 6 years from the date the account is closed, or enters default, as calculated by us for your convenience - it is not reported by the Credit Reference Agencies.
          All information reported at the time of closure, will continue to be reported by the Credit Reference Agencies, until this time.

Lender Contacts
          Enterprise House
          1 Apex View
          Leeds
          LS11 9BH
          Visit website
          0845 300 9410
          enquiries@lowellgroup.co.uk

Comment

It was previously the case that when an account was sold to a debt purchaser they would replace the original creditors CRA entry with there own, now days the process is to show the OC's and the DP's entries side by side so as to give a more accurate picture of the conduct /progress of an account.

nem

Comment

according to the credit file the opening balance with lowells was £1,268 , according to the court papers the owed amount was £2333 plus Lowell say 8% per year on top of this wheres the extra £1000+ came from ??

Comment

Can I ask, can I still defend part of a claim if I have chose to defend all of claim on moneyclaim website, or do I have to continue and dispute the whole thing, also is it worth asking orange to provide details off the default date and amount in writing would this support my case in the event that lowells continued with their claim for £2700 when the default amount was £1268?? also there is no evidence from orange on my credit file so I'm not even sure it did default before it was sold to bcw, also if it was sold to bcw how come orange ended up with it back in order to sell on to lowells?? obviously I know I owe money but I certainly don't owe £2700 If push came to shove I wouldn't mind paying them back the £1268 but is there any way I can arrange this now without it going through the court or am I stuck in this process now? also when ive said I'm contesting the whole claim would I be able to defend part of it?

Comment

according to the credit file the opening balance with lowells was £1,268 , according to the court papers the owed amount was £2333 plus Lowell say 8% per year on top of this wheres the extra £1000+ came from ??
                  It will be interest until the date of judgment from the date Lowell acquired the debt + Solicitors and Court Fees.

nem

Comment

from £1268 the interest would only be a few hundred quid not nearly £1500!!

Comment

from £1268 the interest would only be a few hundred quid not nearly £1500!!
                      What are the figures on the N1 claim form?

nem

Comment

according to my credit file the opening balance with lowells was £1268 , the current balance is £2333. 80 then in the particulars it has plus 8percent @ £186.70 therefore they are claiming £2520.50 altogether before the court fee of £`105 and legal rep costs of £80 bringing the total to £2705.50 !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

the N1 says £2333.80

- - - Updated - - -

orange have confirmed to me the balance was £1065 when it left them so where have lowells got £2333.80 from ?? !!!!

Comment

according to my credit file the opening balance with lowells was £1268 , the current balance is £2333. 80 then in the particulars it has plus 8percent @ £186.70 therefore they are claiming £2520.50 altogether before the court fee of £`105 and legal rep costs of £80 bringing the total to £2705.50 !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

the N1 says £2333.80

- - - Updated - - -

orange have confirmed to me the balance was £1065 when it left them so where have lowells got £2333.80 from ?? !!!!
                          When did Lowell acquire the debt?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            When did Lowell acquire the debt?

nem
                            according to lowells it was 27/aug/2014 , according to orange it was 5/sept/2014

Comment

according to lowells it was 27/aug/2014 , according to orange it was 5/sept/2014
                              I can't make the figures work either!

nem

Comment

where does that leave me then obviously orange have confirmed these figures and dates verbally over the phone should I ask for it in writing? and then submit this to the court disputing part of the claim rather than the full thing? also this CPR form in your experience is this worthwhile sending off to the solicitors? ( I know I should have done this already but ive been mega busy)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X