• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs in_all_reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell vs in_all_reality

Hi!

I've read a few of the forums and I'm a first time poster so hope I've got this in the right place.
    I received a claim today;

Issue Date: 28/09/2016
    Amount approx: 321.81
    Claimant: Lowell Portfolio I LTD
    Solicitor:Lowell Solicitors Limited
    Original Creditor: Ikano Financial Services Limited

Particulars of Claim:
    1) The Defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Ikano Financial Services Limited under account reference ### ('the agreement')
    2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with
    3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 30/08/2012 and notice given to the Defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £225.53 remains due and outstanding.
    And the Claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £228.53
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.050, but limited to one year, being £18.28
    c) Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred? Yes
    List any letters you have sent: Prove it letter
    Any Other Info: The Claimant responded to Prove It letter with a scanned credit agreement on 05/07/16 which included a spreadsheet showing account activity with last payment on 20/08/2010. The Claimant sent a screenshot of a system saying a default notice had been issued on 11/11/10 (this letter was dated 10/09/2016).

I just wanted to get some advice on this as I have acknowledged the claim online this morning.

I intend to defend the claim in full on the grounds that this is statute barred.
    I had actually sent them a letter advising this is statute barred on the same morning I received the claim.

I'm just a little stuck on how to draft my response. This is what I have drafted so far;

The alleged debt was brought to my attention this year and was immediately challenged. There has been no payment or acknowledgement to the alleged debt within six years.
    The alleged debt is statute barred.

Also on a side note; I checked the FCA registry and found that Lowell Portfolio is using interim permissions to practice whilst Lowell Solicitors have lapsed. Should I include anything about this in the response?

Thanks for any help!
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell vs in_all_reality

Lowells solicitor is practicing and are only about a year Old where did you get your information from?

- - - Updated - - -

Licence

Licence number 622605
    Granted on 22 July 2015
    Effective from 1 October 2015
    Registration details

Lowell Solicitors Limited
    Ellington House, 9
    Savannah Way
    Leeds, West Yorkshire
    LS10 1AB
    Company no.8647091

Quoted company

Lowell Solicitors Limited is not a quoted company or a subsidiary of, or part owned by, a quoted company.
    Practising address

Ellington House, 9
    Savannah Way
    Leeds, West Yorkshire
    LS10 1AB

- - - Updated - - -

when last payment or acknowledgement?

Default date? any more detail you can give to assist response for you?

- - - Updated - - -

default notice had been issued on 11/11/10 -- if England 6 years Scotland 5 years before falling off CRA file

but main SB is last payment date or within month after and no acknowledgment? do not do their work for them you will/may be tripping up here

Comment

• gton House 9 Savannah Way, Leeds Valley Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1AB
      • LOWELL PORTFOLIO IV LIMITED

08654105 - Incorporated on 16 August 2013
        Ellington House 9 Savannah Way, Leeds Valley Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1AB
      • LOWELL PORTFOLIO IV HOLDINGS LIMITED

08647094 - Incorporated on 12 August 2013
        Ellington House 9 Savannah Way, Leeds Valley Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1AB
      • LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Matching previous names:
        R-2-O PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT

04857418 - Incorporated on 6 August 2003
      • LOWELL SOLICITORS LIMITED

Matching previous names:
        LOWELL PORTFOLIO V

08647091 - Incorporated on 12 August 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Lowells solicitor is practicing and are only about a year Old where did you get your information from?
        ----
        - - - Updated - - -

when last payment or acknowledgement?

Default date? any more detail you can give to assist response for you?

- - - Updated - - -

default notice had been issued on 11/11/10 -- if England 6 years Scotland 5 years before falling off CRA file

but main SB is last payment date or within month after and no acknowledgment? do not do their work for them you will/may be tripping up here
        The information I used was from the FCA Register.

Originally posted by in_all_reality View Post
        Is the debt Statute Barred? Yes
        List any letters you have sent: Prove it letter
        Any Other Info: The Claimant responded to Prove It letter with a scanned credit agreement on 05/07/16 which included a spreadsheet showing account activity with last payment on 20/08/2010. The Claimant sent a screenshot of a system saying a default notice had been issued on 11/11/10 (this letter was dated 10/09/2016).
        Key dates are;
        Last payment noted as 20/08/2010
        Default date noted as 11/11/10
        Date on claim 28/09/16

I am right in believing this to be statute barred right?
        This information has all come directly from them when I've challenged them for records.
        Last edited by in_all_reality; 1st October 2016, 20:43:PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

04857418 LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
          08096778 LOWELL PORTFOLIO III LIMITED
          08336897 LOWELL PORTFOLIO III HOLDINGS LIMITED
          08654105 LOWELL PORTFOLIO IV LIMITED
          08647094 LOWELL PORTFOLIO IV HOLDINGS LIMITED
          - - - Updated - - -

looks border line see what other say!?? Last payment noted as 20/08/2010
          Default date noted as 11/11/10
          Date on claim 28/09/16

Comment

Hi guys,

Just wanted to bump this as I could still really use some advice on how to structure the response.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X