• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Congestion Charge PCN Representation Rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Congestion Charge PCN Representation Rejection

I received London Congestion Charge PCN dated 24/8/16. This was for travelling in Albert Embankment on 21/6/16.
    I was shocked. I then made representation replied online via tfl.gov.uk/congestioncharge on 26/8/16 against the penalty charge.
    I explained it was my first time driving into London congestion zone, I’m not familiar with London congestion charge, and I recalled I looked online later after the travel on how to pay. I found my payment online date 23/6/16, I attached online payment receipt as evidence. I explained I wanted to pay for 21/6/16, but made mistake of paying date 23/6/16, I also explained I did not travel London Congestion on 23/6/16, and asked if they could kindly accept the payment evidence on 23/6/16 for 21/6/16 instead.

Unfortunately, this week I received Notice of Rejection dated 2/9/16.
    The charge now is £65, will increase £130 if not paid within 28 days.
    I feel this is unfair for me, because I tried and paid online, but now I still have to pay PCN.
    I feel very sad and stupid.
    There is option to appeal, but I’m not sure about my chance of appeal being accepted and how best to do this.
    If it is rejected again, I’ll have to pay £130 and feel even worse than I’m now.
    Can anyone please advise what is my next best step forward? Thank you very much.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X