• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reston/Arrow/MBNA V 1vinnie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reston/Arrow/MBNA V 1vinnie.

Yes that is correct - the court send it over to the Defendant if you used MCOL.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you ROb and Amethyst for confirming that.
      Late Saturday afternoon i got in a panic about do i send anything to Arrow and Restons.
      All good now.

Comment

Hi Guys,

hope you win 1vinnie.

im currently in the same situation as yourself ie with restons and arrow.

ive been following your thread and been using the advice from what you have posted. would there be any chance I could have a copy
        of the response letter to restons in regards to them refusing to send me the documents requested.

just thought id ask rather than starting a new thread as it seems restons are becoming busy with there claims.

thanks

Comment

Good morning all.

This morning i got a letter from Arrow with PO Box 514 Farnborough stamped on the front.
          The letter says "thank you for contacting Arrow Global. We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the CCA 1974.
          We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due coarse.
          We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.
          Your £1 payment is returned."
          I 1st send the CCA request on 13 August by signed for to Guernsey and this morning the letter has not been signed for yet. The 2nd CCA was sent on 26 August by proof of posting.
          I now have the 2 £1 PO's returned to me with some numbers on the back of the PO.
          Is this just a standard reply to CCA request or a stalling tactic?

Comment

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute.
            http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/189
            creditor ” means the person providing credit under a consumer credit agreement or the person to whom his rights and duties under the agreement have passed by assignment or operation of law, and in relation to a prospective consumer credit agreement, includes the prospective creditor;
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello all. Hope you had a stress free weekend.

I got this letter from Restons on Saturday so i thought i work put a copy of it on here so people can give me and ideas to what it means.
              Proberbly not a lot you here it is.
              There are 2 files attached 1 is jpg and the other pdf and i think you have to open the pdf one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 1vinnie View Post
                Hello all. Hope you had a stress free weekend.

I got this letter from Restons on Saturday so i thought i work put a copy of it on here so people can give me and ideas to what it means.
                Proberbly not a lot you here it is.
                There are 2 files attached 1 is jpg and the other pdf and i think you have to open the pdf one.
                Hello Vinnie,

Standard Restons response to a defence BUT please be aware that Restons " On Hold" does not affect the court process as it is not and agree extension of time recorded at the court, so you must respond to any documents received from the court within the specified time limits.

When/IF you receive anything come back here for assistance.

nem

Comment

Hello.

I got a letter today from Arrow Manchester about a CCA request 2 months ago.
                  They seem to have found the "CCA" from me but it does not look very clear to me.
                  I have the copy and the letter that came with it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did it come with the T&C's and can you read every part of it...?

Comment

Hello.

I got a letter today from Arrow Manchester about a CCA request 2 months ago.
                      They seem to have found the "CCA" from me but it does not look very clear to me.
                      I have the copy and the letter that came with it.
                      Well it just shows how incompetent AG is the OFT no longer exists and the FCA is the regulator now.

Any terms and conditions? For a reconstituted agreement to comply it must have.

1. Your name and address exactly as it was when the account was opened.

2. The original creditors details as above.

3. The Terms & Conditions Relevant when the account was opened.

4. The T's & C's Relevant when the account was closed.

5. Any other documents mentioned in the T's & C's. e.g. Capone usually send a booklet with the full T's & C's with the card.

Take a careful look over that agreement to see if any terms/condition are mentioned but not present.

nem

Comment

The CCA on the left is exactlty the same as what i got in the post today. It is a photocopy i think and the black stripe/mark on the lesft side what is on the CCA from Arrow and not what i have done.
                        The 2 bits of paper that i have uploaded here are all that given me today and there is nothing on the backs either and no T&C's or booklet.
                        I know the copy i uploaded is not a very copy but nor is what they have sent me and i can't read all of that even with a maginfying glass.
                        The card when opened was a Alliance & Leic card which then went over to MBNA but i dont know when that was. Court claim says MBNA are the original creditor.

Comment

The CCA on the left is exactlty the same as what i got in the post today. It is a photocopy i think and the black stripe/mark on the lesft side what is on the CCA from Arrow and not what i have done.
                          The 2 bits of paper that i have uploaded here are all that given me today and there is nothing on the backs either and no T&C's or booklet.
                          I know the copy i uploaded is not a very copy but nor is what they have sent me and i can't read all of that even with a maginfying glass.
                          The card when opened was a Alliance & Leic card which then went over to MBNA but i dont know when that was. Court claim says MBNA are the original creditor.
                          OK there should be two or even 3 separate sets of t's & C' s the Alliance and Leicester agreement one, was there a new agreement when MBNA took over if so that should be included and then definitely the t's & C's at closure from MBNA.

This is not a compliant recon an it's imo worthless.

AG /Restons know very well it's rubbish they just hope you will give up!!

You can list all the reasons that the alleged agreement fails to satisfy the CCA request in your defence.

I see also that the covering letter states that if you don't respond they might go to litigation.

The one this you could do is just acknowledge receipt of the agreement and state you are considering your position on this matter.

nem

nem

Comment

Thank you all for replying.
                            When i opened it up yesterday my heart sank and i thought it was all over for me and i must pay up.
                            I have tried to look at it for ages but i cant read it all as it's a crap copy.
                            I did notice that there was ppi box with a cross in it but i dont remember having ppi.
                            If it goes to court will they have a perfect readable copy to show the judge instead of the crap one they sent to me?
                            As for acknowledge letter to Arrow what should i put in it as i am stumped what to put in it without being sarcastic.
                            None of my £1 P.O. were cashed as they sent them back to saying they dont think they are the creditor and i also noticed that Arrow say i can contact them to sort out payment to stop it going to litigation but this letter is from Arrow Manchester if that makes any difference.

Comment

When i opened it up yesterday my heart sank and i thought it was all over for me and i must pay up.
                              I did notice that there was ppi box with a cross in it but i dont remember having ppi.
                              If it goes to court will they have a perfect readable copy to show the judge instead of the crap one they sent to me?
                              As for acknowledge letter to Arrow what should i put in it as i am stumped what to put in it without being sarcastic.
                              None of my £1 P.O. were cashed as they sent them back to saying they dont think they are the creditor and i also noticed that Arrow say i can contact them to sort out payment to stop it going to litigation but this letter is from Arrow Manchester if that makes any difference.
                              It's another crass AG ploy to avoid sanction for not being able to supply the agreement, however clearly they have acknowledged receipt of the request (s) and if they don't comply with the CCA request ( they haven't ) the debt is unenforceable via the courts.

It does seem at times that addresses for AG may be just mail centres.

Do check for PPI it's worth looking into.

Two choices Vinnie .

1. Leave as is and see what comes up.

2. Formal written notice to AG/Sols that you reject the alleged agreement as not compliant with the CCA request and the alleged debt remains unenforceable.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

It's another crass AG ploy to avoid sanction for not being able to supply the agreement, however clearly they have acknowledged receipt of the request (s) and if they don't comply with the CCA request ( they haven't ) the debt is unenforceable via the courts.

It does seem at times that addresses for AG may be just mail centres.

Do check for PPI it's worth looking into.

Two choices Vinnie .

1. Leave as is and see what comes up.

2. Formal written notice to AG/Sols that you reject the alleged agreement as not compliant with the CCA request and the alleged debt remains unenforceable.

nem

Comment

Good morning all.

I got a letter from Restons this morning.
                                There was a badly photo-copied CCA/agreement which i the same as the one i got from Arrow 3/4 weeks ago but this one must have been a copy of the copy.
                                It is very hard to read it. It is still just one page and no T & C's with it.
                                Restons say i clearly took out this CCA and now pay up.
                                Looking at the paper which has confussed me for months is that the card i took out was from Alliance and Leicester and not MBNA which the POC state the agreement is with.
                                I know MBNA took over A&L credit cards a few years back but will that be of any help to me?
                                I will try an get a copy of the letter up on here today.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X