• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Procedure Rules - Help needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Procedure Rules - Help needed!

A Penalty charge, is a n overdraft charge, were you in financial difficulty?, also get your interest from the first time an overdraft charge, was placed, did you have, any credit card's you say that you had a loan. Ask the bank for a copy of your term's of condition's, put some more info and document's regarding this please.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
      A Penalty charge, is a n overdraft charge, were you in financial difficulty?, also get your interest from the first time an overdraft charge, was placed, did you have, any credit card's you say that you had a loan. Ask the bank for a copy of your term's of condition's, put some more info and document's regarding this please.

Looking over business and personal accounts that have had OD facilities not one mentions a " Penalty Charge " there's an "Over Limit Fee".

Comment

[MENTION=53946]sloane82[/MENTION] - Overdraft charges are NOT penalty charges. http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKSC/2009/6.html
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It' still an excessive, charge under the unfair term's of consumer contract regulation's 1999, also put up detail's of the company, that are trying, to claim the money please.

Comment

It' still an excessive, charge under the unfair term's of consumer contract regulation's 1999, also put up detail's of the company, that are trying, to claim the money please.
            Its hoist portfolio holding ltd that are trying to claim the money.

Comment

Originally I had a credit card and overdraft facility when I was at university. These were consolidated into a loan, which subsequently I could not keep up the payments for. So are the charges they are requesting not applicable to a loan then?

Comment

So the claim is for the loan, as you consolidated credit card and overdraft into the loan, rather than a claim for an amalgamated credit card and overdraft. So any charges issues with the overdraft and credit card would need to be dealt with separately - so set all that to one side for now. That the claimant has said it is for an overdraft helps you.

So, CCA request and CPR requests - have they been sent?
                You have acknowledged the claim haven't you.

'Particulars of claim - the claim is for the sum of £7209.32 in Respect of monies owing pursuant to an overdraft facility under bank acc no XXXX.
                THe debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.
                the claimant claims the sum of £7209.32, interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8% from the 6/07/10 to the date hereof 2188 is the sum of £3457.26. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £1.58. Costs.'
                CPR can ask for the Notice of Assignment AND the Terms & conditions of the bank account. Also add a but to ask for statement of account and default notice. Even though they haven't been 'mentioned' they are required and it helps later to have asked for them.

You could also add in notice of assignment from the bank TO MKDP.

Do you have any evidence from old bank statements etc that the overdraft was paid off ? If not it may be worth giving your bank a call and ordering a couple of statements from around the time ( month before and month after ) you took out the loan to consolidate.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Find out if you, was paying, any PPI with them, register a complaint, to the Financial Ombudsman service, and put up any document's on here. They probably owe, you money, never heard, of the company, will google them, take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahsf View Post
                    Originally I had a credit card and overdraft facility when I was at university. These were consolidated into a loan, which subsequently I could not keep up the payments for. So are the charges they are requesting not applicable to a loan then?
                    Hello Hannah,

As both Amethyst and I have said Over Limit Fees etc. are NOT Penalty charges and unless the fees were very high then around £20-£25 it might be worth pursuing.

The alleged debt is statute barred any claim may also be seen as statute barred as well.
                    No response from Cohen yet?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Hello Hannah,

As both Amethyst and I have said Over Limit Fees etc. are NOT Penalty charges and unless the fees were very high then around £20-£25 it might be worth pursuing.

The alleged debt is statute barred any claim may also be seen as statute barred as well.
                      No response from Cohen yet?

nem
                      I have had many missed calls so far from them so I am guessing they are getting desperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        So the claim is for the loan, as you consolidated credit card and overdraft into the loan, rather than a claim for an amalgamated credit card and overdraft. So any charges issues with the overdraft and credit card would need to be dealt with separately - so set all that to one side for now. That the claimant has said it is for an overdraft helps you.

So, CCA request and CPR requests - have they been sent?
                        You have acknowledged the claim haven't you.

CPR can ask for the Notice of Assignment AND the Terms & conditions of the bank account. Also add a but to ask for statement of account and default notice. Even though they haven't been 'mentioned' they are required and it helps later to have asked for them.

You could also add in notice of assignment from the bank TO MKDP.

Do you have any evidence from old bank statements etc that the overdraft was paid off ? If not it may be worth giving your bank a call and ordering a couple of statements from around the time ( month before and month after ) you took out the loan to consolidate.
                        Oh thank you for the guidance, I was getting stuck on the CPR request, I will get that sent today. I have acknowledged the claim online and sent the CCA request.
                        I know when my account closed that the overdraft was completely paid off. There was nothing in my account whatsoever and it was closed.pby HSBC. So I must have a letter somewhere regarding that. Do people even get given overdrafts for that amount of money?!

Comment

Oh thank you for the guidance, I was getting stuck on the CPR request, I will get that sent today. I have acknowledged the claim online and sent the CCA request.
                          I know when my account closed that the overdraft was completely paid off. There was nothing in my account whatsoever and it was closed.pby HSBC. So I must have a letter somewhere regarding that. Do people even get given overdrafts for that amount of money?!
                          you'd be surprised !

If you can't dig out a letter then you might be able to get the closing statement from HSBC for something like £5 admin charge.

Then I reckon ( though needs thinking about [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] ?) you might be able to just apply to strike the claim out.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have had many missed calls so far from them so I am guessing they are getting desperate?
                            It would be worth logging all the calls from them in the light of a recent case decided in a County Court.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              It would be worth logging all the calls from them in the light of a recent case decided in a County Court.

nem
                              Good thinking Batman !
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello again all, we'll all has been very quiet. after sending correspondence to the solicitors, I have heard nothing in return. Hoist Portfolio sent a letter stating that the solicitors would send me all the paperwork I requested, of which they didn't. They also returned my postal order for a pound. I'd heard nothing since until today, I have received a letter of proposed allocation to fast track by the county court business centre.
                                Is this even possible? When I logged on online to see whether I was able to defend my claim, the claim had disappeared (this was last month), so I assumed the case had been dropped?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X