• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

I have read (on another thread) that on the day of the hearing (ie in the court waiting area), the Claimant's solicitor tried to hand the defendant copies of disclosure evidence.
    I would do the same as that defendant; refuse to accept it & bring it to the Judge's attention.
    Last edited by charitynjw; 12th November 2016, 15:05:PM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Any advice as to what I should put in my witness statement, I'm still baffled by all this, thanks

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]'s guide to witness statements.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ness-Statement
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]/nemesis/charity

would you please double check the letter below and also I wanted to ask if its ok to add the line about a change of address?

Claim No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Between Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd Claimant.

and

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Defendant.

I xxxxxxxxx am a litigant in person in this matter.

1. Since receiving this claim I have researched the history of the alleged debt, which it seems arises from an account with Additions (later rebranded Very) a catalogue shopping company.

2. I have no recollection of any such account nor I have I purchased or received any goods from this company.

3. Having checked the history of the alleged account with the original creditor it was stated that the account was opened on 5th December 2009. an item (a pram) was ordered on 9th February 2010 and was allegedly delivered within 2 working days of the ordering date (by 12th February 2010).

4. I have no recollection of ever receiving this item.

5. The original creditor has confirmed that no payments have been made in relation to the account since its inception on 5th December 2009.

6. I now aver that the alleged debt is statute barred under the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980, no payment or written acknowledgment has been made in more than 6 years.

7. Further research has shown that debt purchase companies will argue that the relevant 6 year period starts on the date when an account is defaulted relying on BMW Finance - v - Hart, in regard to a motor finance (HP) account, this matter however arises from a simple contract and was statute barred on the date the claim was issued i.e. 17th May 2016.

The defendant respectfully ask the court to allow this statement to be submitted in my defence.

This statement has been sent to the claimants solicitors on date 15th November 2016.

Signed ............................................ Date .........................................

of: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          I would also like to take this opportunity to advise the Court that I have now moved to;
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

I'm panicking now as I need to post this today!!
              Would anyone please check it through for me?

Comment

I'll go through it after school run xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

And get "coffeed" up yeah...
                  :ranger:

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      And get "coffeed" up yeah...
                      :ranger:
                      Back, coffee'd - reading back through the thread
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Okay just checking facts first of all...

The order was placed 8th Feb 2010
                        The agreement is dated ?( it's been redacted from the copy posted up )
                        The signature is a tick box signature ?
                        The account was allegedly opened 5th December 2009. ( That's odd in itself as an account is normally not opened until a purchase is made )
                        The only order on the account was for this £212.50 pram - which you have no recollection of ordering or receiving.
                        The address is correct ( for the time of the order & delivery)
                        You could possibly have required a pram at that time as you had a small child?
                        No payments have ever been made.
                        They have no evidence of delivery.
                        Claim was issued 17th May 2016 - so over 6 years from order
                        Default notice 22 Aug 2011 - no copy received.

If you can just confirm all is correct please...
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes that is absolutely correct [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Perfect. I'll go through the WS and make a couple amendments now then
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo13 View Post
                              Yes that is absolutely correct @Amethyst
                              Amethyst has asked what is the date showing on the redacted agreement.

Also can you confirm that you've not received a copy of the NOA yet. Do you recall receiving one at the time the account was transferred to Lowell?

Di

Comment

When you called Very - did you have to go through any security stuff for DPA ? or did they just tell you the info on your giving them name and account number ?

Amethyst has asked what is the date showing on the redacted agreement.
                                Indeed, yes I need that - should be, at a guess 5th Dec 2009.... also need to know if there was another order prior to the pram order or if Very said that was the first and only order ? Possibly something ordered and returned ? ( though doesn't show on the Very statement screenshot )

Also, before pleading in the WS about never having had the pram, can you have a think what colour the pram you used for little one around that time was, and poss ask your brother? what colour the one he passed on to you was ? ( just making absolutely sure your memory won't be jogged in court - it sounds like you were having a tough time back then so COULD have forgotten )

Also La Redoute - could you have had a pram from them? I know you have said that account was used and paid off by you.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X