• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/shop direct court paper ...what next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell/shop direct court paper ...what next

Firstly try not to worry, personally I think that is their usual response to most cases..

you will now get a directions questionnaire form through the post from the courts...

Comment

OK thanks Stu

I will keep updated - have to say again the help here is fantastic

Comment

OK guys the question papers came from the cords and I'm just wondering do I put yes or no to the mediation ?

And do I agree this is suitable for this claim track ?

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=màid_Màrián;666647]OK guys the question papers came from the cords and I'm just wondering do I put yes or no to the mediation ?

And do I agree this is suitable for this claim track ?

Good morning,

You should say yes to mediation, the court expects the parties to a claim to attempt resolution without recourse to a court hearing.

You will be contacted by HMCTS Small Claims Mediation Service in due course. If you don't have the documents to be able to properly address the claim the mediator may/will decline to continue.

nem

Comment

Thanks nemesis... do I agree this is the correct track ?

Comment

Yes to small claims track...

and No to jurisdiction as that is only if you live in Scotland

Comment

Thanks - updates to follow

Comment

Just had a call from a nice chap at mediation and told him I don't know what this debt is and explained I have requested info etc. He said the debt is unsuitable for mediation and he will inform the courts ... getting very nervous now

Comment

Am I being dim here?

The PoC states that the alleged debt was assigned to the Claimant 26/05/2009. (you've put in your defence as 26/05/2016)

Going by the PoC, this, according to my admittedly dodgy math, should be Statute Barred for approx 1 year, presuming there has been no acknowledgement since then.

I'll ask @nemesis45 to have a look, though.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Am I being dim here?

The PoC states that the alleged debt was assigned to the Claimant 26/05/2009. (you've put in your defence as 26/05/2016)

Going by the PoC, this, according to my admittedly dodgy math, should be Statute Barred for approx 1 year, presuming there has been no acknowledgement since then.

I'll ask @nemesis45 to have a look, though.
                      Yes [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] that's what it says what we don't know what has gone on between default date and the present.

Have any payments been made? Written acknowledgment, DMP?

nem

Comment

Hey guys I really don't remember anything

In September 2012 I left my abusive partner and have suffered PTSD and my memory about general stuff is awful .

I haven't recieved any paper work requested either to help me figure it out so let's see what the next step is ?

Comment

Originally posted by màid_Màrián View Post
                          Hey guys I really don't remember anything

In September 2012 I left my abusive partner and have suffered PTSD and my memory about general stuff is awful .

I haven't recieved any paper work requested either to help me figure it out so let's see what the next step is ?
                          Hi,

They cannot enforce the debt without the agreement or a compliant reconstituted one.

Please confirm defence sent and acknowledged by the court?

nem

Comment

Yes I sent defence to the court . Iv so far followed all the steps and advice here so think it's just a wait and see what they do now. They never supplied me with any of the agreements etc I requested so this is why mediation couldn't continue either.

Comment

Originally posted by màid_Màrián View Post
                              Yes I sent defence to the court . Iv so far followed all the steps and advice here so think it's just a wait and see what they do now. They never supplied me with any of the agreements etc I requested so this is why mediation couldn't continue either.
                              Has the defence been acknowledged by the court?

I think is would be a good idea to phone Northampton CCBC to see if anything has been done, do before the court office closes at 1600hs.

nem

Comment

Defence was acknowledged and I was sent the questionnaire. I filled that out and was then sent a letter for a date for mediation. The call today was to arrange the mediation which he said wasn't suitable since I have no paperwork from lowell about the debt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X