• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

utility gas and electric

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utility gas and electric

Hello
    Any advice regards setting aside CCJ from utility company (Ecotricity).
    I paid the sum of £327. To them for 5 months service. They stated i owed £48 . i was willing to pay prior to changing provider.
    However, i received another bill stating i owed £1113.33 . still outstanding for the same time period.
    I disputed this.
    Made several compliants contacted Citizens Advice ect.
    Then sent a court summons. I called them regards this . i was told in the telephone conversation that i would not be going to court.
    A period of 18 days passed and i received a ccj
    Now a enforcement notice.
    This dispute has been going on for sometime.
    They agree the amount is exceptionally high for time period.
    The property was empty for 8 months prior to me moving in. The owner only used gas in the cold weather months for 1 hour in the morning and the same in the evening.
    Records support the above.
    She was also issued with a bill for over £1000.
    For services. She could prove the property was empty.
    I believe there may have been some issues with the last occupier
    It goes on along this scenario
    Any advice would be gratefully received
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: utility gas and electric

Are there bills and meter readings for the time you were liable for the bills?

Comment

Re: utility gas and electric

Have you tried taking your complaint to the ombudsman?

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X