• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: county court claim

may sound daft but when do i send my defence to court?

Comment

Defence is due 33 days after the date on the claim form assuming you have acknowledged the claim and no extension has been granted
      Acknowledgement is 19 days from date on form

If the claimants solicitors grant an extension they need to put it in writing to you and you need to tell the court

Try to get the defence in a day or two before its due just in case....

Comment

thanks yes ive acknowledge claim and have dates on calender

Comment

Have you received a Notice of Assignment to Hoist, & if so, what was the method of delivery (ie 1st class post, 2nd class etc)?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

standard 1st class mail

Comment

standard 1st class mail

Comment

Originally posted by boldknight View Post
                standard 1st class mail
                standard 1st class mail
                Twice? Lol!

http://news.rkllp.co.uk/?p=391
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

does it matter how they sent it to me?

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    I will Third that!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Interesting and suggests that so long as they declare correctly that it was posted it is deemed to have been done so.

Not it my favourite conclusion and of course written by creditor favouring lawyer.

would still be worth a punt imho if all else failed especially small claims

Comment

does it matter how they sent it to me?
                        Originally posted by Noah View Post
                        Interesting and suggests that so long as they declare correctly that it was posted it is deemed to have been done so.

Not it my favourite conclusion and of course written by creditor favouring lawyer.

would still be worth a punt imho if all else failed especially small claims
                        A good notice will remedy a bad one.

Personally, I wouldn't tell them how to do their job! :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

robinson way dca have sent back request for credit agreement and my money stating send it to solicitors as they dealing with all documents now?

Comment

robinson way dca have sent back request for credit agreement and my money stating send it to solicitors as they dealing with all documents now?
                            Just send to the solicitors but state you expect to receive the document within 12 + 2 working days from when the request was received by RW/

I suspect the solicitor to say they have to refer to their client for the document.

nem

Comment

due to hand my defence to court friday 15th defence due in by 18th however reacived letter today from solicitors asking for me to agree to an extension for them to provided me with documents. of which i dont agree they and dca have had ample time to provide me with what ive been asking for so can i just hand my defence in anyway

Comment

due to hand my defence to court friday 15th defence due in by 18th however reacived letter today from solicitors asking for me to agree to an extension for them to provided me with documents. of which i dont agree they and dca have had ample time to provide me with what ive been asking for so can i just hand my defence in anyway
                                You can enter your defence and if you consider that the claimant has had more than adequate time to retrieve document which they should have had in their possession before issuing the claim say so.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X