• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• county court claim

hi reacived county court claim ive filled on line and defending claim in full its for a barclay card under 5k the solicitors are howard cohen working for robinson way dca via hoist ive sent the usual letters asking for documents and also sent solicitors a pre action conduct request all been ignored no d ocuments ever sent just the usual not a valid dispute they say the debt was assigned from mkdp llp ltd i have never had any mail from these dca the claim is for a monies owing under an agreement and they state that a default notice has been served do i send cpr request now to all parties or just solicitors or do i now send in my defence not sure what to do please advice this debt been bounced around to 4 dca in the past 4 yrs
    Tags: None

Re: county court claim

Originally posted by boldknight View Post
    hi reacived county court claim ive filled on line and defending claim in full its for a barclay card under 5k the solicitors are howard cohen working for robinson way dca via hoist ive sent the usual letters asking for documents and also sent solicitors a pre action conduct request all been ignored no d ocuments ever sent just the usual not a valid dispute they say the debt was assigned from mkdp llp ltd i have never had any mail from these dca the claim is for a monies owing under an agreement and they state that a default notice has been served do i send cpr request now to all parties or just solicitors or do i now send in my defence not sure what to do please advice this debt been bounced around to 4 dca in the past 4 yrs
    Good morning.

CPR 31.14 should be sent to the claimants solicitors.
    Each of the companies concerned are part of the same group now.
    What type pf account is this?

nem

Comment

So you have sent the cca request and a request under car 31.14?

What is the date on the claim ?
      You have 33 days from that date to get a defence in

Comment

19th march

- - - Updated - - -

sent cca and cpr31.14 today

- - - Updated - - -

its for barclay card

Comment

hi its barclays card

Comment

hi its barclays card
            Out of curiosity but with a reason in mind did you at any point receive a " default notice" for this account?

nem

Comment

no not from any dca or bank

Comment

no not from any dca or bank
                This being a Barclaycard account I was wondering if you received anything from " Mercers" Barclays in house collections crew?

nem

Comment

the debt goes back some time was first sent to wescot who were acting as agent not assigned all i got from bank was statements then they just stoped sending them no corospondance until robinson way got involved last october

Comment

When was the last time you paid into the account, or acknowledged the alleged debt in writing?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It would be a good idea to check your credit file to see what that says about default date and amount and who is registering the data.

Comment

have not made a payment for over 4yrs i only acknowledge the alleged debt in oct 2015 when robison way sent the notice of assignment i replied with temp plate letter which i got of fb ca3 sent asking them to validate the debt ectc and a estoppel then howard and cohen got involed then got court claim

Comment

Unfortunately it sounds like the debt is not statute barred. 4 years it wouldn't be anyway as Limitations is 6 years - but with recent letters as well... well, forget the threee letters you sent re validate and estoppel etc ( as you can see they don't work).

I note you have already done the CCA and CPR request so that's good - also checking have you already acknowledged service of the claim form through Moneyclaim online ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i have found old paper work which i was paying debt managment plan the last payment was august 2012

- - - Updated - - -

i have acknowledged claim on line

Comment

i have been on noddle and the account for barclays is saying balance zero from july 2013? and the last 4 numbers of the account is wrong robison way account num ends in 8000 but account on noddle ends in 4000

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X