• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ruth vs Egg and unagreed ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth vs Egg and unagreed ppi

Hello,

I am having a bit of an ongoing saga with our friends at egg. Basically, stupid though it seems, I just set up a direct debit to pay off the balance and never really bothered to check my statements. I have come across PPI payments being debited from my account since march last year, which I have not agreed to. I have told egg this and have requested a refund for the full amount as I never agree to this kind of thing mainly because when you need them they never pay out. I have asked for proof that I agreed to this insurance policy which they have replied and said they dont have, it apparently was a verbal agreement and therefore they cannot provide proof. I HAVE NOT agreed to this policy. Surely if they are selling insurance they need my signature to agree to it or at least record the call to prove you heard and agreed to the terms and conditions....

help me pleeeeeeease

Ruthie
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

if they cannot prove it legally except to say to said you wanted it then they will have to prove it, ie recorded conversation or signed proof IMHO.
    I think they could argue that you have paid it so implied agreement as it took a year almost to query it.

Comment

Aaah now thats what I was thinking too, but they have said that t&cs have been sent out, which I have never received, the other thing is that when the alledge I took out the policy, I was living at home where all my cards were covered under my mums ppi and therefore I would not have agreed to it.....

Im going to SAR them I think, what you reckon?

xx

Comment

I would SAR them and also contact the FSA for their guidance. They might be able to help, they might not.

Also with response to Nattie, you could argue the implied agreement as it was being managed by Direct Debit I would think? (thats more of a question than a statement)

Have you CCA'd them as well?

Matt

Comment

mmmm, thats a point actually Matt, its a variable direct debit too so never a fixed amount....

x

Comment

I am also hassling Barclaycard for return of PPI that I didnt request. The CCA does not show a tick in the box, including the contractural interest I am after best of a grand off them..... Have sent prelim and LBA, ready to take it to the next stage now...... whatever that is, and however I do it!

Comment

lol @ standing...... i think that the next step after threatening court action in your LBA would be...well court action hun!

Comment

lol indeed
                I quite agree, court action is next, or going via the OFT/relevant governing body is another option, I did mention both in my LBA. However I am going to need help in wording defence etc... Although I have been able to manipulate the original 2 letters to suit myself, the court bundle etc is going to be totally different.... that's what I mean about needing help.

Comment

have you got your own thread on this? only someone might not see your posts for my ramblings....

Comment

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...rclaycard.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie View Post
                      Aaah now thats what I was thinking too, but they have said that t&cs have been sent out, which I have never received, the other thing is that when the alledge I took out the policy, I was living at home where all my cards were covered under my mums ppi and therefore I would not have agreed to it.....

Im going to SAR them I think, what you reckon?

xx

Unauthorised ppi?????HHHMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! Sent you the terms and conditionHHHhhmmmmmmm They will say and do anything rather than admit.

First thing have you cancelled the stupid thing, if not do so now.

Right have you sent for your SAR. You want everything, ppi info interest charged on ppi, all ppi payments made, the date they started etc, telephone recordings. the hold bleeding lot.

Also sent the ca request and wait till the days lapse. You may actually get a shock if and when it comes. Wait till you get all of your ammunition and then start the process of reclaiming it back.

Be warned they will deny it, blame you etc etc.
                      Post on your thread when you get the info, I will help you as much as I can.

Sandra

Comment

Thank you so much hun! Would appear you have been there before...

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie View Post
                          Thank you so much hun! Would appear you have been there before...

xx
                          At least twice, with success, one for £7,600 and the other for £7,117

Got to admit I enjoyed every minute of the fight, god did they squirm

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X