• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lenovo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lenovo

lenovo thinkpad laptop

I had a laptop replaced through my insurance company after my HP was damaged, the insurance company sent me this lenovo thinkpad, after having the laptop just over seven month things started going wrong, ie ( keys falling off. unresponsive mouse pad. usb ports fail and a piece falling out from one when I removed my mouse and I kept crashing ... so I contacted my insurance company( no interest what so ever) they gave me a telephone number to contact which I did. they told me to send the laptop to their repair centre (at my expense) which I did in a box I bought from the post office fully secure wrapped properly and the laptop covered in bubble wrap. weeks went by without any correspondence from the centre sooo I sent an email.a month went by then I received an email asking" if I wanted to pay for the damage and repairs", emm what damage I asked, other than the repairs. the case was in perfect condition when I sent it .they sent me 3 pictures of what looked like a large dent in the right corner of the case it was not sent like that I told them, they accused me of the damage.. I did not send the case broken it was the laptop works that had the problems. anyhow they had my laptop from june 23 till 28 august I received it back unrepaired and in a bad state. I have tried so many times to contact someone about this but lenovo have no customer service numbers I spoke through email to someone in slovakia she did not want to know. insisting I damaged the case( I DID NOT) frustrated sorry anyhow I'm stuck with this heap of rubbish because I have no idea who to contact.any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: lenovo

Have you checked the insurance (if any) from the postal service?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello Sharon,

i'm sure someone will respond to start off, if not i'll give a proper reply later tonight.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

because lenovo hand the laptop for so long from the june till august, they said" It was to late" when I asked for lenovo for pictures of the box they said" the box had not arrived damaged, that's why I do believe lenovo are been extremely dishonest

Comment

it would be great if you could give me that proper reply, Id love to have some info on what to do thank you

Comment

Apologies, I thought id already replied. I will take a look at this for you and give you a response today.

Because there are alot of posts being made, it is possible i might miss this thread if I don't reply then use [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] and I will pick it up.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Sharon,

I've managed to read your problem and I guess you are in a difficult situation. Was the replacement laptop brand new or refurbished?

When you reported this to your insurer why were they not interested, have you got this in writing? It sounds like they are fobbing you off a little and now that the repair centre is asking for money to repair it, was this for the dent in the laptop but also the keys as well?

Do you know the model of the Lenovo laptop and googled to see if there's similar issues to yours?

If Lenovo have had the laptop between June and August last year we are now into February and you've still not done anything about it which makes things even more difficult.

The first option you can argue is that you could make a claim against the insurance company for a defective laptop and not of satisfactory quality. Your other option would be to argue that Lenovo have damaged your laptop - it will obviously be your word against theirs and in my experience I tend to take photos of anything that goes off for repair because if it comes back in a more damaged state I can argue and have proof of this. Do you have anyone else who can testify that the laptop was not in a damaged state when you sent it to them?

You can't do any of the above until you've got your evidence and facts together and it would seem like if you want to go down that route then legal action may be the only thing available to you.

You haven't done yourself any favours by leaving it until February before making any decisions on this so now all you can do is to either accept it or bring a claim against both companies for compensation and damages - the fact you do not have any evidence to prove the state of laptop it is in before sending it is more difficult but that's going to be the risk you will have to take if you want to pursue it.

Alternative you just accept it and not take any action. If you are to take action it might be wise to invoke their complaints procedure outlining your problem and see what they say, even if they refuse then you can always advise them of your intention to take legal action against them.

I see you have already tried to contact Lenovo about it so maybe you should send them a letter before action in this if you do want to press ahead. Legal action will cost money and that's up to you to decide if you want to pay for it.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Also see post #2
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

no I didn't take any pictures I didn't think this was going to happen. my daughter was at the table the day I packed it. and I wasn't getting any help from my Insurance company he was well! now it's your laptop deal with it. I emailed everyone I could think of even the co of the company no reply.( the laptop was brand new when I received it) from my insurance company. I rang trading standards, they gave me the telephone number to the post office. I came off the phone confused the time for these people to reply I got in touch with the post office 2 weeks to reply to tell me I was to late because lenovo had the laptop so long I have emails from everyone I contacted why I left it till february was out of complete frustration.

Comment

my first contact was with my insurance company, I informed him I was having great problems with the laptop, ie; unresponsive mousepad, so I had to plugin a use a usb mouse, while removing the mouse, a piece fell out of the usb port with the cable. then 2 keys fell off while in general use. blue screen started to appear and laptop fail.I contacted customer services from the number my insurance company gave me, I couldn't understand a thing he was saying nor him me, he emailed me a repair number and told me they would be in contact soon. almost 2 weeks went by then they gave me an address to send the laptop too, I bought a box from the post office bubble wrap and did as what everyone would do wrapped it sent it . I received an email saying I would be sent an email to check the progress of the laptop 6 weeks went by and I emailed them asking what was going on end of july they sent me an email asking if I wanted to pay for the damage they said the motherboard needed repair by now I'm totally confused.. after numerous emails to my insurance and lenovo I sent the laptop for them to repair because of faults to the laptop, it turned around so it was my fault, the laptop case was in perfect condition no scratches, dents nothing they sent me a picture of what looked like a huge dent in the right hand corner which was NOT there at all when I sent it, so after a lot of emails to and from lenovo and insurance I went to the forums seshhh many people complaining of their customer service, (which is poor ) to say the least I contacted resolver i filed a complaint, had a slovakian lady contact me, blamed me totally and that was her final answer, by the way resolver you have to give the 28 days to reply( I want to cry now) but no reply was sent so you ask why till february because they have been making me wait do you understand how frustrating all this is and confusing....the amount of people I have contacted emails, no reply. no reply. no reply,my damaged laptop was HP, why did my insurance company send lenovo the worst company ever read the forums people frustrated at their customer service, no reply on resolver, insurance company not interested, and tis goes on............ by the way sorry for my rant, I'm just trying to explain the unexplainable (sad face)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X