• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re-conditioned Engine Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-conditioned Engine Scam

I'm not sure that website has been live for a while

BT Customer Street shut back in 2011. All the wayback stuff is a dead customerstreet log in page.

I'd like to know how [MENTION=80922]douglake[/MENTION] came to find the company and place his order ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Through this site. 247spares.co.uk and Uk engine supplies phoned me.

Comment

Here is the email.
        Hi Kerr,

After cross referencing to find a match for the DOFA we can confirm this is the correct engine code that matches your vehicle aplogies for the confusion.

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Kerr Douglas <kerr.gsxr1000@btinternet.com> wrote:
        You said the engine code was D2FA that is a 90 horse power not a 125 horse power

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Feb 2016, at 13:29, UKEngine Replacement <ukenginereplacement@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Kerr

Following our conversation, here are the details of the available engines we have for your vehicle;
        Ford Transit 350 - Engine Code - DOFA

RECONDITIONED - £1050 - 1 YEAR WARRANTY

SECONDHAND - £800 - 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Prices do not include delivery, we charge a standard fee of;
        £25 to mainland UK
        £57 overseas

Delivery takes 3-10 working days pending all orders are placed before 4.30pm and all funds cleared.

Please find a list of what has been done to the reconditioned and second hand engines;

RECON
        ALL OEM PARTS USED FOR RECON
        Oil pressure has been tested & all compression tests have taken place
        Computerized certificate given (official sales proforma)
        Engine block surfaces machined flat,
        Oil pump replaced,
        New OEM seals installed,
        Valve seals have been machined,
        Block cylinders inspected for cracks,
        Cylinders machined to factory specs,
        New OEM spec eristic bearings fitted
        New OEM big end bearings fitted,
        Assembled units oil pressure tested,
        Engine blocks thoroughly cleaned and surfaces treated
        Cylinder heads have been skimmed & new OEM valve seals fitted
        New Cylinder liners fitted
        New updated gas nitrite piston rings fitted
        Crankshaft crack tested
        Timing redone
        All bolts torqued to OEM specs according to auto data

SECOND HAND
        All tolerances checked on lower end bearings.
        Reassembled to the highest quality
        Oil pressure checked and compression tested
        Sump removed
        Oil Pump has also been inspected to see if anything was wrong.

Our 1 Year warranty terms and conditions are listed below,
        1. 12 months, without limitation of mileage, from the date the engine is delivered to the original purchaser by UK Engine Supplies
        2. Covers all engine internals
        3. Does not cover fault by misuse
        4. Dedicated network of 220 warranty contractors can be called upon for warranty work of up to 12 months of purchase
        5. Engine to be returned to working order if any internals are faulty by UK Engine Supplies' Contractors
        I can confirm engine comes attached with
        · alternator
        · starter motor
        · power steering pump
        · air conditioning pump
        · wiring loom
        · fuel pump
        · injection system
        · turbo
        If you have any further queries or wish to proceed with the purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us.

-

Jonathan King
        Tell DD: 02034440114

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail

Comment

Originally posted by douglake View Post
          Through this site. 247spares.co.uk and Uk engine supplies phoned me.
          And have you contacted 247spares.co.uk to complaint that the engine wasn't received and to go through their complaints procedure? https://www.247spares.co.uk/dispute?s=1
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Your Payment has been received,
            Your dispatch code is 3LM322OJD.

Delivery has been confirmed for;
            Thursday 11th February 2016 0900-1200hrs

Delivery driver will make contact before delivery.

Please do not threaten us and please be reassured we are not dodgy at all. your engine will arrive on the date promises sir.

Regards

Jonathan King

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<ukenginereplacement@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Please find attached Invoice Proforma,
            Your delivery has been provisionally booked in for;
            Thursday 11th February 2016 0900 - 1200hrs
            All payments made before 16.30pm will be processed on the same working day.

All payments will need to be accompanied by invoice reference number #173807
            Please kindly advise once payment has been made and a automatic dispatch code will be forwarded
            --

Jonathan King

[/INDENT]
            Last edited by Amethyst; 5th February 2016, 16:05:PM.

Comment

When did you actually send the payment - What date?
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Scratch the above - in the second post of the thread you said you sent payment Yesterday (i.e. 2nd of feb 2016) its only the 5th of feb 2016. I think its unreasonable to expect the order to be sent to you via standard courier service - An engine is not a light piece of equipment! And i think 7-14 day delivery turn around is perfectly acceptable!

Comment

Please do not threaten us and please be reassured we are not dodgy at all. your engine will arrive on the date promises sir.
                  Oh well must be okay then....

Anyway Email back (nicely) and ask where you can track progress of your delivery using the tracking ref... ie/ which carrier have they used.

for ref:
                  Domain name:
                  247spares.co.uk

Registrant:
                  citynet datacom Ltd

Trading as:
                  24/7 Spares

Registrant type:
                  UK Limited Company, (Company number: 4373390)

Registrant's address:
                  po box 4270
                  london
                  london
                  W1A 7WP
                  United Kingdom
                  Citynet are -> https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04373390

( its a virtual office address btw)
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Come back and post here if the engine doesn't arrive. As just because the OP of the thread, who i admittedly confused yourself @douglake as being, didn't receive their engine. It doesn't mean you won't receive yours. The fact the OP of the thread hasn't been back here suggests the OP situation may have actually been resolved IMO.

Comment

We are having a simliar issue with them.
                      We paid a Halifax bank account .
                      I have looked at UK engine Supplies, latchmere court Ltd and Uk engine centre.
                      They are all registered under the company warehouse.
                      The company directer is a Richard Jobling and he has loads of companies registered under him with companies house. They were not helpful when we called. The Lad who answered was very smug down the phone
                      My bank has contact Halifax to try and get the money back but not holding out much hope. Im just trying to find as much about them as I can to give to trading standards and compnaies house.

Comment

When was your engine due for delivery?

Jobling/company warehouse is just a wholesale 'ready made companies' set up, so will have nothing to do with this ( I don't know if the actual company named does either tbh - did anyone check out the scrap merchants up North I mentioned before at all ? )

Can you say how you came to purchase the engine ? ( website / ebay etc ) and how did you find it ( google ad etc ? )

ALSO - you guys will all be on Car forums of some sort I expect ? Can you do some generic posts warning others NOT TO PAY BY BANK TRANSFER - not specifically this company ( so no need to even mention them ) - but ANYTHING. If a company can't accept credit/debit card payments then that should ring an alarm bell straight off. And If the account they ask you to pay into isn't an account in the name of the company that should ring even bigger alarm bells.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

We were told that they had dropped the engine, then that they had rearrange a new engine, then that the driver couldnt deliver due to bad weather and then the number went dead.
                          Ours was a similar email, with the same address but Jonathan Mercer not Jonathan King. the number on the paperwork we had was 0203 444 0091 which is no longer in use.

Comment

It was due for delivery on Friday 22nd january originally, then the next Friday, then the saturday.
                            We found them via there website on google and to start with they looked legit but the further i have looked into it the more of a mug I feel

http://www.ukenginesupplies.co.uk

The website is still working, but the line is dead. I'm sure if I put in a search for another engine I would get a reply.

Comment

You will get him on this number! 020 3444 0114 Mr jonathan king is who i am dealing with. SCUMM

Comment

I dialed and he hung up on me when he asked who I was. I redialed and it diverts to a mobile number 07574 185 400.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X