• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removing charge on property?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing charge on property?

Hi

My late Mother (1999) has a class c1 charge against her property, which dates back to 1986 and I am trying to get it removed so I can sell it.

I have probate, but only got it last year. The company that hold the charge against dissolved back in 2009, they didn't appoint anyone to do their affairs.

I am in the process of transferring the deeds to my name. I cannot find the original deeds or any documentation regarding the charge or anything from the said company,

Any help would be more than grateful, or point me in the right direction.
    I don't want it to cost me the earth to sort this matter out as I have much in the first place.

Their was no liquidator involved. Not sure if their is any amount outstanding?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Removing charge on property?

Originally posted by andip1967 View Post
    Hi

My late Mother (1999) has a class c1 charge against her property, which dates back to 1986 and I am trying to get it removed so I can sell it.

I have probate, but only got it last year. The company that hold the charge against dissolved back in 2009, they didn't appoint anyone to do their affairs.

I am in the process of transferring the deeds to my name. I cannot find the original deeds or any documentation regarding the charge or anything from the said company,

Any help would be more than grateful, or point me in the right direction.
    I don't want it to cost me the earth to sort this matter out as I have much in the first place.

Their was no liquidator involved. Not sure if their is any amount outstanding?

Thanks
    A class C type charge means it's legally binding, ie a legal mortgage, or legal charge. You will not have the deeds for a legal mortgage, as the mortgagee (party who has the legal charge) holds the deeds as security until you pay the mortgage off.

Can you copy and paste the property's land register, ie scan it into your computer then copy and paste. Just remove names etc. Is the property registered? In 1986 registering property was not compulsory until the 2002 Act.
    Last edited by Openlaw15; 2nd February 2016, 13:01:PM.

Comment

The property is unregistered. I will try and dig out the land registry information.

Comment

Originally posted by andip1967 View Post
        The property is unregistered. I will try and dig out the land registry information.
        What is the name of company that held the legal mortgage? Had you paid the mortgage off? If the company dissolved a liquidator is involved.

Comment

I think it was an unsecured loan. The company was Charles Mills Securities. They dissolved back in 2009 without appointing a liquidator.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X