• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help - not sure what to do next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please Help - not sure what to do next

i, xxxxxxxxxx being the defendant in this case will state as follows;

1. I make this witness statement in support of my defence in this claim. The matters i set out below are within my own knowledge, except where i indicate to the contrary.

2. Around 7/1/16 i received a claim form from county court business centre from howard chohen solicitors on behalf of hoist portfolio holding 2 ltd.

3. The claim is for an alleged debt that was originally owned by lloyds. The particulars of claim are vague and give no information with regards to the debt - and I do not know to what the claim relates. I have held a number of products over the years with Lloyds and am unaware of such a large amount being owed.

4. The claimants particulars of claim state that the alleged debt was assigned to them by 'MKDP LLP (Ex Lloyds Banking Group) and states that notice has been given to me. I have not received any notice of assignment from either LLOYDS or MKDP, or from the CLAIMANT. As far as I am aware MKDP are not a part of Lloyds but are a separate debt collection company.

5. As I was uncertain to what the claim related i raised a query with the claimant to which they responded (exhibit a) ''we write to confirm we have noted a dispute / query you have raised. We will make the necessary enquiries and let you know the outcome in due course. In meantime we will stop all collection activity on this account."

6: I have never had any further response to this complaint or any other information and the claimant has allowed their claim to proceed through the court system.

5. On 14/01/2016 i made a formal written request to the claimant for documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case as allowed under cpr 31.14. (see exhibit a)

7. I received a letter back from 'robinson way' (acting for the claimant) dated 19/01/16 confirming receipt of my letter/request. But to date have yet to receive documents requested. (see exhibit b)

8. Also on 14/01/16 i formally requested from the claimants solicitors under the consumer credit act 1974 (section 77-79) a copy of the credit agreement, for which i sent a £1 postal order.

9.i have not received to this date a copy of said credit agreement. Under the consumer credit act the claimant, as creditor, is unable to enforce the agreement while in default of a formal request made under sections 77-79 of the act.

10. A defence was submitted to county court business centre and letter received from court on 4/2/16 to confirm reciept.

11. I received a letter dated 18/2/16 from claimants solicitors acknowledging receipt of my request cpr 31.14 (see exhibit d) i have yet to receive any of the documentation requested.

12. I received a letter dated 7/2/16 from county court business centre regarding proposed allocation to small claims track.

13. A mediation appointment was booked for 11th may 2016.

14. It stated in guidance notes on mediation that if i could not answer “yes” to any of 4 statements then mediation was not right for this case. i could not answer “yes” to the statement “i can confirm that i have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and i do not require any further evidence” i telephoned the court and told them i could not “answer yes to statement 3” as i had yet to receive credit agreement and my request made under cpr 31.14. And i was informed that mediation would not be appropriate in this case.

15. I received a letter from xxxxx county court around 16th nov 2016 with a date for a hearing. The claimant was requested to pay a fee which as of 23rd jan remained unpaid not paid this fee. I am still submitting my witness statement as per the judges order, a copy of which will be sent to the claimant and their solicitors.

16. The claimant has now had over a year to provide copies of documents requested, being the credit agreement and default notice. Despite my requests the claimant has failed to provide any information regarding their claim, the alleged debt or any further information and as such i have been unable to look into the debt and the claimant's right to claim any sums from me.

17. Therefore the claim is denied in full and i would respectfully request the court considers striking out the claim.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd January 2017, 09:58:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahh just seen particulars image - let me have an edit.

Ok done, have kept it in your own words ( you know what I mean ) xxx

Have a read through, amend as necessary, / add/ remove anything - should all be pretty straightforwards - really you're saying to the court - oi, they've had a year, given me sod all, how am I meant to plead to this without having the foggiest if its actually a valid debt.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Good morning, Ame.

Para #8.......should it read 'Consumer Credit Act 1974'?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ahhh missed that ! Thanks Charity xxx

(edited)
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Good evening guys.. just want to say Thankyou for your help with this. Ill keep you informed.

P xx

Comment

Good evening everyone

So I broke my phone and usually busy with work etc during day. So update,

As you know I had a court date for 10th Feb and had to have my witness statement in 28 days prior to that.

You guys have been wonderful with help in all matters from the witness statement to general advice to well just about anything and everything. I really cannot say how wonderful you really all are. And I wish I knew you guys in person.

Errrr anywhooo. Charity mentioned several posts back that I should ring the court re the other guys paying their fees on time. I did this and they had not paid the fees. Was informed that even though the deadline had passed they were given another 7 days to pay fees. Infact it tuned out to be more like 10 days, 12 if you included the weekend.

I rang on Monday of this week and was told that I should hold on re sending in my witness statement as it looked like the Judge was going to strike the case out. I should ring on Friday. So I rang today and indeed it was Struck Out.

I know it does not necessarily mean the end as they can always go through all this hassle and stuff again..... but its a positive result all the same?? It would not have happened without all you special people on here... Amethyst Nemisis Charity Kati and everyone else xxxxx Pancho xxxxx

Last edited by Pancho79; 27th January 2017, 20:12:PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
                So I rang today and indeed it was Struck Out.

I know it does not necessarily mean the end as they can always go through all this hassle and stuff again.....
                What wonderful news!

I don't see why this shouldn't be the end. The DJ has struck out their claim for procedural reasons (they didn't pay the hearing fee as per Directions). They'd have to come up with a jolly good reason to persuade the court to lift that sanction especially since they were given an extra 7 or more days to get their act together.

Have a great weekend

Di

Comment

Hello

Just got home from work to have seen the postie had mailed me 2 letters.

1 from the court informing me of the judgement to strike out the claim.

2. from their solicitors notifying me that the claim was being discontinued.

Once again thankyou everyone.

Pancho xxx

Comment

well done

Comment

Great result pancho

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho79 View Post
                        Hello

Just got home from work to have seen the postie had mailed me 2 letters.

1 from the court informing me of the judgement to strike out the claim.

2. from their solicitors notifying me that the claim was being discontinued.

Once again thankyou everyone.

Pancho xxx
                        Well Done Pancho!!

nem

Comment

Excellento

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X