• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Boiler spares faulty/fitted no return policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boiler spares faulty/fitted no return policy

Question..................how many of these boards are faulty, as in, how many can you be supplied with without warranty before you get a lucky winner ?

I can understand the Regs but, it should not be used to pervert consumer rights on potentially faulty products.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Carefullif you are dealing with gas boiler and are not Gas safe registered you should be able to get a replacement PCB from supplier who was it?
      Strictly speaking, it is only employed or elf-employed gas engineers who need to be registered.
      But if challenged, the non-registered person would need to prove competency.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/2451/made

Qualification and supervision

3.—(1) No person shall carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or gas storage vessel unless he is competent to do so.

3) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraphs (1) and (2) above and subject to paragraph (4) below, no employer shall allow any of his employees to carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or service pipework and no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph. *
      *(ie currently Gas Safe, or years back it was Corgi)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Fred, it gets my goat up as well the no-return policy. I think the suppliers got fed up with supplying control boards to people, even qualified people, so they could try them to see if it cured the fault. What would happen is the people would buy a whole list of parts, try them until they cured the fault and then return the parts that weren't required especially the high value items like control boards. Then others would buy them and question whether they should pay full price fro an item with the seal broken, nobody would buy a jar of jam with the top removed. Baxi/Potterton revised the control board on the Suprima around 14 times before it was brought up on watchdog which made them design a completely new one. On some boilers I was replacing them every 18months and they were costing me £180 a time, I still had 2 on the van when they announced that they would replace them on customers boilers for £120 so you can guess how glad I was. Two months ago I went to a Baxi Solo where the board was faulty and I was quoted £165 for a replacement which I used to pay £90 for 4 years ago. The Heat team could go to the customer for £260 all in so it wasn't really worth me going because they would replace other faulty parts within that cost as well.

Comment

How bloody frustrating, spending hours on repairs (some of which I did not need to replace) to find out this. No wonder engineers run away @ the sound of a repair like this.

Fix= throw money at it until it works...........topped with a rumpelstiltskin spares warranty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X