• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help / advice needed: Restons solicitors (arrow global limited)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent help / advice needed: Restons solicitors (arrow global limited)

Ok Tom, here we go let's put your position to Tom Drury as Restons seem to be ignoring your health issues and your
    lack of income. Please fill in the blanks with your info.

Private & Confidential
    For the Personal Attention of:

Mr Tom Drury.
    CEO Arrow Global
    PO Box 5469
    Manchester
    M61 0LW

date:

Re: County Court Claim No.................................
    Between A G

and

Tom

Dear Mr Drury,

I refer you to the above mention claim, which Arrow Global is pursuing against me via it's authorised legal representative Restons Solicitors.
    Judgement being given in favour of Arrow Global Ltd. On date.

Background Information

I have since receiving this claim been attempting to make Restons aware that a suffer major health problems which prevent me from working now
    and for the foreseeable future.

I have enclosed some information regarding my health which Restons has totally ignored and continue to press for payment which adds further stress
    and severe depression and am unable to cope with daily life.

Medical opinion classes me as a vulnerable person and as such Restons should make allowances for this, however this has not been the case.
    Restons has received confirmation of the above in a letter from my GP.

I have provided Reston with proof that I suffer from severe physical and mental health problems on numerous occasions.

My only income now is state benefits which barely meet my essential out goings and I have
    no disposable income to pay towards the judgement order.

Despite knowing the above Restons applied for an Attachment of Earnings Order which of course
    was entirely inappropriate.

I live in rented accommodation and have no assets of any value which could be used/sold to satisfy the judgement.

For Clarity Restons have continued to aggressively pursue payment of they alleged debt which I have not admitted liability
    for.
    I did not receive the original claim and had no idea that judgement had been made against me, and of course had
    no chance to defend the claim.
    In any event I would have been unable to cope physically and mentally with a court appearance or the court processes
    leading up to a hearing.

I was also very much disturb by the fact I believe the alleged debt had been repaid and no liability existed and I had no opportunity
    whatsoever to defend the claim or to seek help with this.

Mr Drury as you are aware that as Arrow Global is responsible for the conduct of it's authorised representative Restons one wonders
    if any of the communications from myself to Restons were ever put before a responsible person within your company.

Further "collection/ enforcement" activity by Restons will achieve nothing of benefit to Arrow Global but will lead to a further deterioration of my
    health in the long term.

Restons is aware that I have sort help from a 3rd party and it has been suggested that I ask Arrow Global to take a " commercial " view of this
    matter and write off this debt.

Tom enclose all the evidence you can, (copies of course not originals)

Don't worry about mentioning a 3rd party at all say the letter has been drafted for you, I assure I do not mind.

Sort/amend/ delete/add/ ignore as you see fit.

Best wishes nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Ok Tom, here we go let's put your position to Tom Drury as Restons seem to be ignoring your health issues and your
      lack of income. Please fill in the blanks with your info.

Private & Confidential
      For the Personal Attention of:

Mr Tom Drury.
      CEO Arrow Global
      PO Box 5469
      Manchester
      M61 0LW

date:

Re: County Court Claim No.................................
      Between A G

and

Tom

Dear Mr Drury,

I refer you to the above mention claim, which Arrow Global is pursuing against me via it's authorised legal representative Restons Solicitors.
      Judgement being given in favour of Arrow Global Ltd. On date.

Background Information

I have since receiving this claim been attempting to make Restons aware that a suffer major health problems which prevent me from working now
      and for the foreseeable future.

I have enclosed some information regarding my health which Restons has totally ignored and continue to press for payment which adds further stress
      and severe depression and am unable to cope with daily life.

Medical opinion classes me as a vulnerable person and as such Restons should make allowances for this, however this has not been the case.
      Restons has received confirmation of the above in a letter from my GP.

I have provided Reston with proof that I suffer from severe physical and mental health problems on numerous occasions.

My only income now is state benefits which barely meet my essential out goings and I have
      no disposable income to pay towards the judgement order.

Despite knowing the above Restons applied for an Attachment of Earnings Order which of course
      was entirely inappropriate.

I live in rented accommodation and have no assets of any value which could be used/sold to satisfy the judgement.

For Clarity Restons have continued to aggressively pursue payment of they alleged debt which I have not admitted liability
      for.
      I did not receive the original claim and had no idea that judgement had been made against me, and of course had
      no chance to defend the claim.
      In any event I would have been unable to cope physically and mentally with a court appearance or the court processes
      leading up to a hearing.

I was also very much disturb by the fact I believe the alleged debt had been repaid and no liability existed and I had no opportunity
      whatsoever to defend the claim or to seek help with this.

Mr Drury as you are aware that as Arrow Global is responsible for the conduct of it's authorised representative Restons one wonders
      if any of the communications from myself to Restons were ever put before a responsible person within your company.

Further "collection/ enforcement" activity by Restons will achieve nothing of benefit to Arrow Global but will lead to a further deterioration of my
      health in the long term.

Restons is aware that I have sort help from a 3rd party and it has been suggested that I ask Arrow Global to take a " commercial " view of this
      matter and write off this debt.

Tom enclose all the evidence you can, (copies of course not originals)

Don't worry about mentioning a 3rd party at all say the letter has been drafted for you, I assure I do not mind.

Sort/amend/ delete/add/ ignore as you see fit.

Best wishes nem

Hi Nem,

Many thanks for your reply, and for the drafted letter, I really appreciate it. I have taken some time out today as I haven't been sleeping well for most of this week, not helped by the fact that my daughter returned to school on Monday as well! lol So, the sleep deprivation caught up with me Thursday and I spent it dozing on the sofa and unable to focus on anything. I am sorry to hear about you being caught up in the flooding situation. I have seen so much of it on TV and the catastrophic damage it has caused to villages & towns, particularly up North. I sincerely hope you're okay, and are keeping safe & well. Here in South Wales, in the Valleys, we are fortunate to a large extent as it is mostly hills so the water drains off / runs down them. However landslips & landslides on the mountainsides are becoming a problem lately.

Anyway, I have only one query with regard to the letter, i.e. 'Tom enclose all the evidence you can, (copies of course not originals)'. I will, of course, enclose the GP letter I sent originally but does this mean sending copies of my benefit entitlement as well? The only reason I ask is that, although it shows that I am indeed receiving benefits it shows perhaps too much personal information than I am prepared to disclose to them! I am happy to provide information on a 'need to know' basis, which is strictly relevant.. but not to the point where it's not really necessary to provide them with anymore (additional) information!

Many thanks,

Tom

Comment

Its obvious that Restons and there clients probably do not care its money they want.
        I cannot offer any advice but must say its time to get them to cease any action in future unlikeky they will right off the debt the CCJ will stay must have tax advantages for companies .
        I know it must be hard to cope with everything and this but please use Nems help each time they come back to you and try to avoid the stress of this Truth is you have not got the money or assets to pay this if they ignore the fact its their fault

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop1Tommy View Post
          Hi Nem,

Many thanks for your reply, and for the drafted letter, I really appreciate it. I have taken some time out today as I haven't been sleeping well for most of this week, not helped by the fact that my daughter returned to school on Monday as well! lol So, the sleep deprivation caught up with me Thursday and I spent it dozing on the sofa and unable to focus on anything. I am sorry to hear about you being caught up in the flooding situation. I have seen so much of it on TV and the catastrophic damage it has caused to villages & towns, particularly up North. I sincerely hope you're okay, and are keeping safe & well. Here in South Wales, in the Valleys, we are fortunate to a large extent as it is mostly hills so the water drains off / runs down them. However landslips & landslides on the mountainsides are becoming a problem lately.

Anyway, I have only one query with regard to the letter, i.e. 'Tom enclose all the evidence you can, (copies of course not originals)'. I will, of course, enclose the GP letter I sent originally but does this mean sending copies of my benefit entitlement as well? The only reason I ask is that, although it shows that I am indeed receiving benefits it shows perhaps too much personal information than I am prepared to disclose to them! I am happy to provide information on a 'need to know' basis, which is strictly relevant.. but not to the point where it's not really necessary to provide them with anymore (additional) information!

Many thanks,

Tom
          Good morning Tom. How are you today?

If you have any letters showing that you are entitled to a particular benefit suitably redacted would be fine, show the entitlement but not
          the award. [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION] is right it's time to be ris of AG and Restons .

In my opinion Restons conduct of your case rates a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

nem

Comment

Good morning Tom. How are you today?

If you have any letters showing that you are entitled to a particular benefit suitably redacted would be fine, show the entitlement but not
            the award. @wales01man is right it's time to be ris of AG and Restons .

In my opinion Restons conduct of your case rates a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

nem

Good Evening Nems,

I'm not too bad thanks and my day has felt a bit better, as the rain has held off and there has been blue sky for a change.. so this does help the morale somewhat. But number one daughter has been my priority today, trying to get her health sorted out. Hope you're keeping well too.

Yes, I have all my letters relating to the benefits I receive so this wouldn't be a problem in showing Restons Solicitors CEO my benefit entitlement, and the information can be redacted as appropriate. :-) Once I have posted this letter to Restons Solicitors I would very much like to make a complaint about their conduct in my case as I resent how, evidently, they have just been so dismissive of all the information I sent them previously. They are also actually using such underhanded and 'bullying' tactics to try and force me into something I'm not at all comfortable with, and will not comply with.

Many thanks again I really appreciate the guidance and advice with this.

Tom

Comment

It was certainly great to see the sun today, glad you felt better Tom.

Once we have sorted the current difficulties we can look more closely
              at a complaint to the SRA.
              Have a good weekend!

nem

Comment

It was certainly great to see the sun today, glad you felt better Tom.

Once we have sorted the current difficulties we can look more closely
                at a complaint to the SRA.
                Have a good weekend!

nem
                Many thanks Nem. :-) I really appreciate it.

Tom

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X