• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA Appeal - help requested!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POPLA Appeal - help requested!

I've not heard anything iro the above, so I'll chase ISPA today, to see if they will have anything interesting to add to the debate from my point of view.
    Has the situation developed over the past month in terms of Popla making hard-to-understand judgements?
    It's starting to look as if I'm going to have to pay up. Blah.

Comment

There are more and more decisions popping up that effectively say the other is wrong when you take 2 decisions together.

1 person had 2 appeals for 1 car park within days and won once and lost once ! It's bordering on farcical. It's happening on all the fora who do this and is a widespread issue.

There are also decisions where it looks like the wrong info is used, such as wrong car park named in the result etc decisions overturned in the operators favour after the motorist has been told they won which makes the you lost and it's final statements look a bit stupid.

M1

Comment

I've received a further communication from IPSA, after chasing for a reply.

I wrote:
        ##
        I know we haven't quite reached the end of the month, but I wonder if you have any feedback that you can offer concerning the problem I outlined below.

I hear from a contact on a 'legal help' internet forum that recent decisions from Popla have been almost outrageously inconsistent with each other, and feel somewhat aggrieved that I have almost arbitrarily fallen on the "appeal rejected" side, after a key part of my evidence was ignored.

As you note below, I realise that you're not an appeal body for my claim. However, this is a serious question of performance, and possibly independence, which needs to be addressed or explained.
        ##

The reply received this evening was :
        ##
        When the Board met before Easter it asked that your correspondence be passed to our Independent Assessor to investigate, which has been done.
        As you are aware as ISPA is not an appeals body and cannot review or overturn an individual appeal, so our Assessor will independently review the process applied to your appeal and if this was fair and consider the points you made. We are now undertaking audits of decisions on a regular basis for fairness, independence and consistency in addition to investigating specific cases raised, as you have with your complaint. So I do hope this will provide some reassurance to you.
        We will get back to you with an indication of our Assessors findings but this may take between 8 to 12 weeks.
        ##

Any thoughts on what might happen?

Comment

Originally posted by manwiththree View Post
          I've received a further communication from IPSA, after chasing for a reply.

I wrote:
          ##
          I know we haven't quite reached the end of the month, but I wonder if you have any feedback that you can offer concerning the problem I outlined below.

I hear from a contact on a 'legal help' internet forum that recent decisions from Popla have been almost outrageously inconsistent with each other, and feel somewhat aggrieved that I have almost arbitrarily fallen on the "appeal rejected" side, after a key part of my evidence was ignored.

As you note below, I realise that you're not an appeal body for my claim. However, this is a serious question of performance, and possibly independence, which needs to be addressed or explained.
          ##

The reply received this evening was :
          ##
          When the Board met before Easter it asked that your correspondence be passed to our Independent Assessor to investigate, which has been done.
          As you are aware as ISPA is not an appeals body and cannot review or overturn an individual appeal, so our Assessor will independently review the process applied to your appeal and if this was fair and consider the points you made. We are now undertaking audits of decisions on a regular basis for fairness, independence and consistency in addition to investigating specific cases raised, as you have with your complaint. So I do hope this will provide some reassurance to you.
          We will get back to you with an indication of our Assessors findings but this may take between 8 to 12 weeks.
          ##

Any thoughts on what might happen?
          I have no idea. I've not seen anyone with as much information as you've given me. I have suggested and seen elsewhere that there are plenty emails to ISPA but yours is the only reply i've seen.

M1

Comment

I chased IPSA for the result from their Independent Assessor. I received the following message:

###
            Dear Mr x,
            Our Independent Assessor investigated the case and concluded that the appeal
            had been correctly considered and a reasonable conclusion had been reached.
            Overall our audit indicated the correct approach had been taken and there
            was no inconsistency to the overall approach as each case is decided on its own
            merits. Thus nothing was found to compromise the fairness of the decision.

I appreciate that will not be what you had hoped to hear. This has been
            reported back to the Board and no further comment or action has been taken.

I apologise for not reporting this back to you earlier but this was due to
            an oversight and my absence for several weeks.

Kind regards

Christine Fraser

Director
            ###

So, despite being aware that a key piece of evidence had been ignored, they still felt it was dealt with correctly.
            (btw, I haven't paid, yet)

Comment

Unreal but she has quit so it's not like there is much we can do.

Met don't do court, at least not yet http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html so i wouldn't pay but that's your call to make as it'll hang over you for 6 years from the date of parking before any cause of action is statute barred.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X