• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Estate agents bodge up - unbelievable,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate agents bodge up - unbelievable,

Hi all

I really need some help for my daughter.
    My daughter found a new house to rent through an estate agents, which was closer to her work and my grandsons school that he has just started. When she viewed it there was another tenant living there but they said she had been given notice to leave due to her not looking after the house. They said that she would be out by today.
    My daughter met the landlady with the agent and they agreed that they would like her as a tenant. Fees were paid for the necessary checks and when these came back ok they took a deposit and first months rent from my daughter.
    My daughter asked if she could move in on Monday -14th sept, and the landlady said that's fine they would clean the house but if she didn't mind them coming to do any work whilst she was living there. The daughter again agreed.
    Unfortunately the other tenant hasn't moved out today and has no intention of doing. My daughters notice period ends next Friday on her current property, and she has no money to pay another months rent to stay any longer in her current property.
    i feel that the estate agents shouldn't have put the property up to let until the current tenant has moved out.
    Where does this leave my daughter now legally, where the estate agents are concerned?
    There is 1 other property on a road close by to where she was moving which is £80 more a month rent. As all checks have been done for my daughter, and the estate agents said this morning that if the current tenant was moving into another rented property that isn't ready yet she could move into another of theirs. Could I ask that they do that for my daughter for the same amount of rent as the other place, until the other place becomes vacant?
    Surely they have an obligation to my daughter? She is a single mum.

Any help or advice greatly received.

tired ��
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X