• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bradford & Bingley mortgage fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford & Bingley mortgage fees

Hi all

Is it still possible to claim these back? My OH had a mortgage with them and I sent a letter asking them to explain these charges and what they were for. Subsequently, I got a fob off letter back and then had personal problems so never pursued it.

The charges were: -

£140 exit fee
    Mortgage related insurance figures
    Litigation fees
    Additional interest
    Estate/Auction fees
    Miscellaneous charges

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Foxy :tinysmile_twink_t2:
    Tags: None

Re: Bradford & Bingley mortgage fees

I'd be interested in this as I also had a B&B mortgage although it was a long time ago.

As far as I know the B&B went bust, when I got the mortgage I was given some shares which I never sold and they just disintegrated in 2008!

When did your OH have his mortgage Foxy?

Comment

Thanks for your reply FP.

He took it out in 1998 and sold his house in 2004 - so technically made his last payment within the last 12 years as I remember someone saying that with a secured loan you can go back 12 years from last payment. This is why I need to sort it sooner rather than later - although I do have a reply saying that they cannot explain the charges as it is not their department.....TYPICAL FOB OFF! :tinysmile_aha_t:

My OH got his shares and sold them.

Thanks FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
        Thanks for your reply FP.

He took it out in 1998 and sold his house in 2004 - so technically made his last payment within the last 12 years as I remember someone saying that with a secured loan you can go back 12 years from last payment.
        How uncanny! I also took out the mortgage in 1998 and sold the place in 2004!

I'm not sure whether I also paid those charges out of the proceeds of the sale, I may still have the paperwork somewhere, I'm not big on throwing stuff away.
        Last edited by FlamingParrot; 29th August 2015, 19:55:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X