• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio ltd Notice of allocation to small claims track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio ltd Notice of allocation to small claims track

I received a court claim and followed the advice on this site. I have since received a letter from Lowell dated the 17/7 stating that they would place my account on hold whilst waiting for a copy of my credit agreement.

i have also received a letter from there solicitors Bryan Carter dated the 15/7 saying they wished to proceed but we're willing to enter negotiations.

Since these communications I have received a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track form N180.

What at is it I should do next, I'm really confused.

Thank you so much
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio ltd Notice of allocation to small claims track

Originally posted by socks View Post
    I received a court claim and followed the advice on this site. I have since received a letter from Lowell dated the 17/7 stating that they would place my account on hold whilst waiting for a copy of my credit agreement.

i have also received a letter from there solicitors Bryan Carter dated the 15/7 saying they wished to proceed but we're willing to enter negotiations.

Since these communications I have received a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track form N180.

Thank you so much
    Hi this normal court process so complete and serve the Allocations form, tick yes to mediation ( it's expected the parties will try to seek resolutions with out recourse to a hearing)
    The court will process the N180 details.
    Whilst Lowell is not in possession of the agrement it cannot enforce the debt.

Comment

Goes to show how well they communicate with each other. :lol:

The 'on hold' letter is their generic template they use to reply to CCA requests, regardless of whether a claim has been issued. :mmph:

Thank you so much
      You need to fill in and return the N180 giving details of your local court and any dates you won't be available for a hearing. No need for experts or interpreters, under witnesses only one (yourself). .

Once the questionnaires are returned the court will give directions to Lowell to supply the documents at least 14 days before the hearing date once it's listed. Knowing their track record with documents... we could be looking at a discontinuance. ray: ray: ray:

Comment

Thanks for the advice above.

i have a court date set for the 20/10, I was provided with proof of this debt 7/10. I have since written to them to offer an agreement and request they stop the court proceedings.

In case this is not done in time to stop the court case is there anything I can send to the court to request they stop this action?

thanks

Comment

i have a court date set for the 20/10, I was provided with proof of this debt 7/10. I have since written to them to offer an agreement and request they stop the court proceedings.

In case this is not done in time to stop the court case is there anything I can send to the court to request they stop this action?
          If you feel they have provided enforceable paperwork, a Tomlin order would be the way to go. The order stays proceedings as long as you keep to the terms of the order and make the agreed repayments, however, if you don't they have liberty to apply to lift the stay and request summary judgment. For that reason you need to ensure that your offer is sustainable in the long term.

Comment

thanks
            Is it certain that the documents you have received are fully compliant?
            You need to be aware that if a consent/Tomlin order is agreed the offer
            must be affordable and sustainable over an extended period of time and
            should not be seen as a quick fix for avoiding a judgement in the immediate
            future, if you breach the order at any time the claimant is able to seek
            summary judgement and you then have a CCJ which will be with for another
            6 years.

nem

Comment

Is a Tomlin order something I can complete and send to the court without anything from the solicitors? Could I get a copy of one on line?

Comment

Is a Tomlin order something I can complete and send to the court without anything from the solicitors? Could I get a copy of one on line?
                A Tomlin order is a form of consent order that you agree with the other side so it would be agreed with Carter. There are some examples here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...221#post485221

At least one of them involves Carter. :grin:

Comment

thanks
                  Hi
                  I think the others have asked but what exactly was the proof of the debt?
                  I assume you had sent a CCA request to Lowells and a CPR 31.14 request to Carter.

There are very few details on here about the debt, when was it taken out, was it a card or loan or catalogue account , what did you ask for and what was sent .
                  I don't want to offer false hope but maybe, just maybe all is not yet lost .
                  A few more details might enable someone to come up with something

Comment

I would not consider attempting to be party to a consent order without proper advice, you could well
                    end up with a totally unmanageable commitment of a very long time.
                    May we see the documents the claimant has produced that " prove" this debt.

nem

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      I would not consider attempting to be party to a consent order without proper advice, you could well
                      end up with a totally unmanageable commitment of a very long time.
                      May we see the documents the claimant has produced that " prove" this debt.
                      Advice from who? I did say that the offer should be sustainable in the long term.
                      Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      If you feel they have provided enforceable paperwork, a Tomlin order would be the way to go. The order stays proceedings as long as you keep to the terms of the order and make the agreed repayments, however, if you don't they have liberty to apply to lift the stay and request summary judgment. For that reason you need to ensure that your offer is sustainable in the long term.
                      Before posting up, socks had already written to Carter with an offer so it's not like we're telling him to rush into a consent order. :mmph:

Comment

They sent a copy of the signed original agreement, it was signed in 2009. I'm just worried with it being so close to the court date of getting a ccj against my name.

Comment

They sent a copy of the signed original agreement, it was signed in 2009. I'm just worried with it being so close to the court date of getting a ccj against my name.
                          Is there any chance of posting up a redacted copy? :typing:

Even though being from 2009 it will probably be enforceable. :ohwell:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            Advice from who? I did say that the offer should be sustainable in the long term.

Before posting up, socks had already written to Carter with an offer so it's not like we're telling him to rush into a consent order. :mmph:

A consent order is not always the best or even reasonable conclusion to a claim, it may be for the claimant.
                            I see so many go badly wrong when defendant are badly advised.
                            Last edited by Celestine; 12th October 2015, 18:23:PM. Reason: removed unhelpful content

Comment

No one has said that a consent order has to be the way forward but IT IS an option.

The ones that go so badly wrong are probably those that do not come here first
                              Last edited by Celestine; 12th October 2015, 18:24:PM. Reason: Removed unhelpful content

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X