• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

acknowledgement of service not recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acknowledgement of service not recieved

This is the witness statement I have written. Is this ok? My concern is that the original Judgement for claimant is dated 5 June and we are now on 3 August. Will this look bad? I wasnt even aware that we could ask for the judgement to be set aside until Saturday

1. I make this witness statement in support of the application for an order that the judgement in this case ( claim no ************ Judgement dated 3 June 2015 ) be set aside.

2. CPR 13.3 states (1) In any other case, the court may set aside or vary a judgement entered under part 12 if -
      a) the defendant has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim ; or
      b) it appears to the court that there is some good reason why -
      I) the judgement should be set aside or varied or;
      ii) the defendant should be allowed to defend the claim.

3. I learnt the existence of this claim on 5 June 2015 when I received a letter from the County Court Money Claims Centre stating the transfer of proceedings and that judgement for the claimant had been passed as no acknowledgement of service had been filed. ( exhibit A )

On 5 June 2015 I telephoned the claimant's solicitor asking for details of this case and copies of all relevant documentation. He was unable to provide a copy of the acknowledgement of service.
      1. No further correspondence has been received from the claimant's solicitor.

1. I therefore ask that the Courts set aside the judgement in this claim and allows 14 days for me to submit my defence due to the reasons in paragraphs above.
    Last edited by Angela Hogarth; 3rd August 2015, 09:51:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X