• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim: Maxim V Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke Solictors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim: Maxim V Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke Solictors

Thank you very much Flaming Parrot.

Comment

Hi all,

UPDATE

I have just received a letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors stating that they are taking their client (Cabot's) instruction regarding my defence and correspondence and will come back to me as soon as they can, in the meantime they have placed the matter on hold.

I have been reading other posts on this site but is there anything else I should do at this stage?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim View Post
        Hi all,

UPDATE

I have just received a letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors stating that they are taking their client (Cabot's) instruction regarding my defence and correspondence and will come back to me as soon as they can, in the meantime they have placed the matter on hold.

I have been reading other posts on this site but is there anything else I should do at this stage?

Thank you in advance.
        Be very cautious a court claim just cannot be put on hold at the whim of a solicitor, if you don't hear within
        a very short time check with the court on the status of the claim.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

UPDATE

Thank you in advance.
        Be very cautious a court claim just cannot be put on hold at the whim of a solicitor, if you don't hear within
        a very short time check with the court on the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem for your prompt response, I will definitely call the court to check on the status.

Comment

Thank you Nem for your prompt response, I will definitely call the court to check on the status.
            Please let us know what's happening.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Please let us know what's happening.

nem
              Hi All,

FURTHER UPDATE

I have just spoken to the court and since I submitted my defence on 7 July nothing has happened. The court said they have 33 days to file their evidence so that takes us to Saturday 8 August, so I guess I am playing the waiting game. I will keep you posted with any developments.

Comment

Hi All,

FURTHER UPDATE

I have just spoken to the court and since I submitted my defence on 7 July nothing has happened. The court said they have 33 days to file their evidence so that takes us to Saturday 8 August, so I guess I am playing the waiting game. I will keep you posted with any developments.
                Emm usually 28 days to respond! Perhaps check with the court again later this week or early next, the period for response starts when the claimant receives the defence.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                  Emm usually 28 days to respond! Perhaps check with the court again later this week or early next, the period for response starts when the claimant receives the defence.

nem
                  Many thank Nem, will do.

Comment

UPDATE

Hi all,

I have just spoken to the court and they have confirmed that my case has been stayed as the claimant has not responded to my defence. Is there anything else I can do but wait?

Thank you in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X