• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services final Notice - Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services final Notice - Please help

Can anyone please help?

I received parking charge notice from MET- for 'parking outside markings of a parking bay' at Vale Farm Sport centre where I normally go to play squash. It is a council run premises but parking is contracted out. There is no charge for parking. The car park was full on weekend. I parked in a space not considered a bay but also not obstructing anything. There was no yellow line where I have parked. I have taken the photos of all the parking signs. Please see attached photos. (This is just to show you the location where I have parked the car. My car was parked somewhere on the 3rd car in the photo.) Hence I appealed against this charge to Met Parking Services. They rejected my appeal and they have given POPLA Number. But I haven't appealed at POPLA yet.

Initial payment was of £60.Initial payment was of £60 which is also attached herewith for your reference. Now I have received final reminder notice to Pay the Parking charge of £100.00 in 14 days.

Please advise how can I resolve this issue..Any help on this case is highly appreciated, Thanks...
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Services final Notice - Please help

Shame you've appealed without waiting for the NTK. If it was truly owned by the council there is a high probability that it was relevant land and therefore the keeper could not be held liable. Can you put up photos of the signs. Did you see signs as you entered the premises?

Google Maps (may be out of date)does not show any signs on the entrance road therefore how can you know what the restrictions are?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Shame you've appealed without waiting for the NTK. If it was truly owned by the council there is a high probability that it was relevant land and therefore the keeper could not be held liable. Can you put up photos of the signs. Did you see signs as you entered the premises?

Google Maps (may be out of date)does not show any signs on the entrance road therefore how can you know what the restrictions are?
      ===================

Hi Ostell,

Thanks for your prompt reply. As per your request, I am attaching two more photographs with this message.
      1. Notice board photo
      2. Photo of the place from different angle where my car was parked.

This is a sports center land. Not sure if it is private or council. whichever way it is, my point is that the amount of penalty is at par with council rates, the markings in the parking area are also standard markings like hashed area, single yellow line, double yellow line etc. For all these markings they have not specified what it means. That implies all these signs means what they mean in regular practice. That should also apply for 'No Line'. Besides that, they have not displayed anywhere near that 'No Line' areas that says 'No Parking Here'.

If you look in to the notice board photo, it explains

a. If parked in parking bay, how it should & should not be parked (Explained graphically)
      b. It clearly says that car should not be parked on yellow or white lines.

In my case, as per attached photos, I have not parked my car on any line. In other words, I have parked the car in an area that has No Lines + It is not obstructing anyway + There is no sign at that location that says No Parking Here.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Nil; 17th May 2015, 23:57:PM.

Comment

Can you post up your appeal without name and address ?

I want to know if they know who the driver was.

Also can the vehicle be parked there without a normal person having seen a sign ? If so take plenty pictures and a video to demonstrate this in case they take someone to court.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Can you post up your appeal without name and address ?

I want to know if they know who the driver was.

Also can the vehicle be parked there without a normal person having seen a sign ? If so take plenty pictures and a video to demonstrate this in case they take someone to court.

M1
          ===========================

Hi M1,

I submitted my appeal online after receiving their first reminder & demand letter. Hence I do not have the draft of that appeal. I do have the screenshot of Appeal Confirmation. It was on the similar lines that I have mentioned in my one of the replies above to Ostell. i.e. Parked on No Line etc. During the process of online appeal, they ask the name & other info. So I am sure, they have my name & other details. Also car is on the name of my wife. So technically, I believe they can access her data as well.

They refused my appeal stating that the Sign says cars should be parked in bays. But if you read the board points (from the photo), it says that cars should be parked in the bay BUT the graphical explanation of the same point clarifies what it means i.e. it should be parked straight in a bay & not the way it will obstruct others.

Additionally another point on the same board says that car should not be parked on white or yellow line which I haven't. I have parked it in an area that is not marked with any line + Not obstructing any other vehicle + There is no board stating 'No Parking Here'.

I have attached photo of the notice board and my points in earlier reply to Ostell above. Just in case if you can not see those photos, let me know, I'll post it here separately.

Regards,

Nil

Comment

Are the letters addressed to you or your wife ?

M1

Comment

Are the letters addressed to you or your wife ?

M1
              =============

Reminder / Demand Letters are addressed to me & not to my wife. I think this is because the online appeal form that I filled in, my details were submitted.

Comment

Well that rules out keeper liability, which against MET, is a winning point.

What is the last date for a popla appeal ? Are they still offering a discount ?

M1

Comment

Well that rules out keeper liability, which against MET, is a winning point.

What is the last date for a popla appeal ? Are they still offering a discount ?

M1
                  ====================

Popla appeal date is already passed. We didn't apply to Popla. We heard that if popla rejects an appeal, then it is mandatory to pay the fine even if it goes to the court. Hence we opted not to approach popla. We received final reminder / demand letter dated 13 May asking to pay £100 within 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nil View Post
                    ====================

Popla appeal date is already passed. We didn't apply to Popla. We heard that if popla rejects an appeal, then it is mandatory to pay the fine even if it goes to the court. Hence we opted not to approach popla. We received final reminder / demand letter dated 13 May asking to pay £100 within 14 days.

What fecking idiot told you that ? Popla is only binding on the scumbag brigade ffs !

Pre Beavis they were not particularly litigious and i would have said ignore anything but court papers or a proper letter before action. Probably still say the same but be more aware that due to Beavis it is more likley that there will be more court cases by more operators.

Can you post the letter up ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Sorry I din't get that. Can you please clarify what do you mean by "Can you post the letter up?"

Do you want to see the last reminder letter here on the forum or you mean to say I should post letter to POPLA even if the last date of appeal is gone?

Regards,
                      Nil

Comment

Originally posted by Nil View Post
                        Hi M1,

Sorry I din't get that. Can you please clarify what do you mean by "Can you post the letter up?"

Do you want to see the last reminder letter here on the forum or you mean to say I should post letter to POPLA even if the last date of appeal is gone?

Regards,
                        Nil

We received final reminder / demand letter dated 13 May asking to pay £100 within 14 days.
                        ^^^^

M1

Comment

^^^^

M1
                          ============================

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am attaching the last reminder letter with this message.

Regards,

Nil
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well it's not a letter before action and it doesn't give an appeal rights so you either pay or file it in a drawer and ignore.

I would get pics/video of the site if it's possible to park without passing easily visible signage to get where you parked in case it turns in to a court case.

M1

Comment

Well it's not a letter before action and it doesn't give an appeal rights so you either pay or file it in a drawer and ignore.

I would get pics/video of the site if it's possible to park without passing easily visible signage to get where you parked in case it turns in to a court case.

M1
                              ===========================

Hi M1,

I could not see attachment option while submitting this reply. I wanted to attach rejection reply to our appeal to MET (dated 24 March). That letter was accompanied with Popla form which we didn't proceed. Followed by that this is the last reminder letter that we have received which clearly says the next possible actions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X