• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tax credits help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits help

Hi I desperately need some good advice over tax credits when the new 24 hr rule came in with tax credits I begged my employer for an extra hour as I worked 23 hours they told me that they would pay me for 24 hours and change my contracted hours to 24 and as I already did overtime I could make the overtime up over the year I never thought anything was wrong with this as after reading through tax credits info I just basically had to average 24 hours then last week my friend told me during a conversation she was pretty sure this isn't aloud now I'm worrying myself sick I can't sleep eat anything I worry a lot anyway as I suffer from anxiety I don't no what to do as if assume my employer would not do this if it was wrong.please don't judge me I just need advice
    Tags: None

Re: Tax credits help

Just to add I do have a record of the hours I have worked over the years

Comment

Does anyone have any advice please I'm not sleeping or eating iv scared myself silly I'm imaging the worst scenarios of going to prison and losing my 2 beautiful boys I'd rather die than lose them please help

Comment

Anyone

Comment

HI and welcome,
          I am no expert at all on Tax Credits here is some info for you and also links for more info as to if you qualify http://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/work-hours-rules Have a read it may just answer your question and someone else who may be able to help you further may be a long soon.
          Enaid x

Comment

Your partner doesn't work at all ? (as the 24 hrs is between you not each)

Do you get Child Tax credit as well or just Working Tax Credit ?

If you are now contracted to 24 hours, and you are working 24 hours then really I don't see a problem. Are you paid standard pay rate for the 24 hours?

Are you declaring your pay for overtime ?

from Enaid's link
            To qualify for working tax credit if you are part of a couple and you are responsible for children, you must work at least 24 hours a week between the two of you. This is in addition to the existing rule that either you or your partner must be working at least 16 hours a week. If only one of you work, then they must work at least 24 hours.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have read through hundreds of these sites I don't understand it at all I don't know if I have been doing the wrong thing I have never give it any thought before if I have been doing it all wrong I'm totally buggered in so much trouble I can't cope

Comment

No my partner is a student I claim working tax credit aswel as child tax credit no I'm not declaring any overtime pay as im not been paid for it I'm paid at a set rate of 24 hours weekly work 23 but use overtime to make up the extra hour over the year

Comment

Have you worked out what the difference is in your entitlements if you worked 24 hours to if you worked 23 hours ?

You know if you always work overtime anyway it counts for your hours - so really I think you are worrying uneccessarily. If you were just lying about your working hours that's entirely different to increasing your hours at work.... the tax office will see what pay and hours you do anyway as they will be on your payslips?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I thought you said your firm had altered your contract to read 24 hours, if so that will be proof that you are doing it right

Comment

I wouldn't be entitled if I worked 23 hours my payslips say 24 hours my p60 equates to working 24 hours weekly on minimum wage.i essentially do overtime throughout the year which I'm not paid for as im paid at an average of 24 hours n work 52 hours overtime a year unpaid to make my average at working 24 hours this is how iv always done it and as my employer is paying me at 24 hours which shows on my payslip I didn't think it was wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have a written statement sheet thing that states my job title n my contracted hours are 24

Comment

Yes I have a written statement sheet thing that states my job title n my contracted hours are 24

If that there 'statement sheet thing' lol is your contract of employment well imo it is all the proof you need.

Comment

So even though I work 23 hours but top this up over the year to average 24 a week and I'm actually paid 24 hours a week that is ok

Comment

If you are paid 24 hours a week and contracted to 24 hours a week, just sometimes do actual 23 hrs and sometimes 26 hrs it is really not an issue.....
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

People who do regular overtime can include that in their normal working hours, even if they don’t have that overtime occasionally. For example, if a person is contracted to work 25 hours a week but with overtime has worked 30 hours every week for the last 12 months, it is unlikely that his working hours will fall below 30 if there are two weeks where he only works 25 (due to lack of overtime).

http://www.revenuebenefits.org.uk/tax-credits/guidance/how-do-tax-credits-work/entitlement/wtc-elements/#Working hours
                              Last edited by enaid; 15th April 2015, 07:53:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X