• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

Help Just one of these from Civil Enforcements ltd a driver had drop my son off to play football at the local park the driver never left or turned the vehicle off. The driver was there for about 12 mins( the time it took him to put his boots on) never saw any signs. The amount if paid with 14 day is £60.00 , £100 amount due have found conflicting info on how deal with it the so call offence, it happened on the 29/03/2015 I believe they have 14 day to contact me the letter arrived today.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mystery1; 13th April 2015, 18:33:PM. Reason: Spelling ;)
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice

When is the letter dated for ? (or when is the envelope post marked)

M1

Comment

When is the letter dated for ? (or when is the envelope post marked)

Both dated 10/04/2015 2nd class postage

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 makes it clear that you must deliver a notice to keeper within the relevant period (being 14 days from date of parking event) which you did not do.

PoFA 2012 schedule 4 states

(4)The notice must be given by—

(a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

(6)A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.

In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so at this time

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

I would wait until Thursday/Friday to reply so they don't know you got the letter earlier than the law assumes it was received. Don't lie, but don't volunteer info when you don't need to ! and certainly do not say or imply who was driving !

M1

Comment

Should I quote the PCN NO number

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Welshman View Post
            Should I quote the PCN NO number
            Either that or attach it to a crystal ball

M1

Comment

Many thanks I deserved that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X