• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatening Letter from Marston High Court Enforcement Officers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatening Letter from Marston High Court Enforcement Officers

Hi can anyone advise?
    I've received a threatening letter from Marston High Court Enforcement Officers & Certified Enforcement Agents demanding £1055.00 immediately or they will visit and may take goods to the value of.
    This is the first letter I've had from them with only a single ref number and HMCTS Hertfordshire as a client reference.
    I believe this may relate to a postal speeding fine I received back in 2012 ? for having driven at 34 mph.
    This happened out of area when I was visiting my Mum who is very sick and in truth when I got the letter I thought it was a joke given that 34 mph is within the 40 mph speed limit I believe applied to the empty two lane stretch of road it applied to. I rechecked this road on receipt of this fine and there were no signs indicating any reduced speed limit so long story short I binned it believing it to be some sort of scam.
    Now out of the blue this letter has turned up. I don't want to respond and give it credance if it is a scam but also don't want to have someone coming to my door.
    I really appreciate some feedback.
    Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Threatening Letter from Marston High Court Enforcement Officers

Have you any proof of this debt is it a Speeding fine for it to be over the threshold of £600 which it has to be before HCEOS can be involved?

Was there a court case it must have been to a court?

Can it be another debt against you ora CCJ

Comment

Hi thanks for answering - I'm pretty sure it's this archaic speeding fine I can't think what else it could be. I haven't had a car since May last year and always paid parking tickets. I couldn't take 34 mph seriously especially with no road markings.
      And no CCJ.
      And no court case.

Comment

This could be a real mess.
        You need to be aware that the presence of street lamps denotes a 30mph limit. There is no need for repeater signs. Always assume it's 30mph unless signs tell you otherwise.
        What happens with a speeding offence, detected by static camera or by a "safety partnership" vehicle is that you receive a conditional offer of a fixed penalty through the post. There is a Section 172 request to identify the driver.
        That notice goes to the registered keeper.
        If it is not completed, there is normally 1 reminder letter and then the case is listed for court, normally 5 and a half months after. They have 6 months to lay the information at court.
        Then, a summons is issued.
        The RK (you) may have been convicted in your absence. You could have 3 points for speeding and 6 points for failure to notify. Usually there's around £600 fines too.
        If the licence isn't returned to DVLA it gets revoked.
        If the fine isn't paid bailiffs are instructed.

I suggest you contact Marston's to get the full details and then, probably, the court.

Comment

Okay thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X