• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Cannot return to work after maternity due to customer assaulting me and not banned.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot return to work after maternity due to customer assaulting me and not banned.

Hello...Please could someone advise me on this matter...I work at a Cafe but am currently on maternity leave ,I was hoping to return back to work around the 1st of April...But yesterday I was there as a customer,with my 5 month old baby girl, and another customer physically assaulted me, I have sustained various bruises and cuts all over my body, a lump on my head from where she kicked me and even a bald patch were hair was ripped out...This attack was due to me recently falling out with my sister and this women being a sisters friend decided to have a go at me...The police were called and they are awaiting cctv images..which may or may not even exist,apparently not available until someone comes back from a 2 week holiday (person who said this and acting in charge of security is a friend of the women who attacked me).

Anyway...I told my boss of the situation and he said its nothing to do with him...he will not get involved and he will not ban the women who attacked me...I cannot go back to this job if this women is allowed to continue to be a customer...But I need the job and need the money, and did enjoy working there.

Can my boss just say "not his problem" ? Surely I have rights?

Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: Cannot return to work after maternity due to customer assaulting me and not banne

You weren't there as an employee but as a customer.
    The assault will be a criminal matter, for determination by the Police and CPS.
    Once they have decided whether and who to charge, you will be able to let your boss know.
    He has the decision as to who he lets enter his premises.
    If it had been one of his employees who assaulted you, he would be vicariously liable. As it was a member of the public, not his employee, he's not liable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X