• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Marlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot / Marlin

Hi guys

I received a threatening letter from Marlin yesterday which stated they were advising Cabot to look at a Decree.

I am a newbie here and I require some help in my fight against debt collection agencies and the financial institutes, which I have been in a battle with since circa 2010.

After a long period of no contact by agencies, I received a few letters only days apart. Firstly they came from Cabot and Bank of Scotland (BoS) to notify the debt had been sold and then a few days later (yesterday) by Marlin stating they were acting on behalf of their client and were looking to issue a Decree via Sheriff Court in Scotland.

The debt relates to a BoS current account overdraft approx £4k with no payments being made since Oct 2010. Since this point until 2012 I was in constant communication with the banks and agencies to negotiate full and final settlements. I started to request credit agreements and also sent full income and expenditure (I&E) sheets. Despite this no answers were really given and the chasing agency kept changing after a matter of weeks. However, in early 2012 everything went quiet.......UNTIL NOW.

HELP

Can anyone help me in this recent development with Marlin or advise me how to handle??

Are Marlin the type of agency just to pull a trigger? This worries me due to the speed of these developments. They also advised that this debt will now not be sold on and any offer given would be dealt with them directly, not referred back to the originator of the credit like in previous cases - again another worry since this did not fit with what was happening in 2012.

What should I be requesting of Marlin in terms of SAR, CCA agreements, etc?

All thoughts welcomed. My fear is if they shoot the first bullet for decree others will quickly follow.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X