• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New generation PPC update - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New generation PPC update - Won

Right, I've searched and searched had a few differing opinions and thought I'd better check as my case is a touch different.

By my work there is a private car park serving a few banks, shops etc. on driving into the car park there is a medium sign that can't really be read in full unless stopping, blocking traffic on road and causing a row etc. The gist is private parking, camera surveillance maximum tariff applies please see boards in car park for full details.

So, in I drove. Pretty full car park went to reverse into a rather tight space when a car in front pulled out so I parked in the newly vacated spot. There were no markings in the bay and the lines were white. Off I went to bank, about 6-10 minutes at most. Drove home.

A week later, invoice saying "no valid permit" £100 charge reduced to £60 if paid in 14 days.

I went online to look at the picture attached and on the front of the bays, written on the floor in blue covering about 6-8 bays, "permit holders only"

Ive since gone up to check, it is there and I cannot believe I missed it. A silly error!

The car park is free for 30 minutes then bang in come the charges.

So, I have made a silly error. Do I have any real hope of appealing?

If an overstay I would go all the way. Because of the permit thing I'm a bit hesitant.

My approach was going to be write to PC and appeal, request popla. Then go to them with. Estimated loss, you have to enter car park to actually read full terms, bays themselves not fully marked (like disabled or mother and baby ones do).

Any other ideas or thoughts please?

is it better to pay the £60? I don't mind pushing it but could do without court costs if I come unstuck.

Clearly I'm not going to admit to being or name the driver but law RK now liable. Any other Change in law etc?

cheers all, I appreciate a repetitive question but a little twist in there.
    Tags: None

Re: Private parking penalty fine, invoice etc

My approach was going to be write to PC and appeal, request popla. Then go to them with. Estimated loss,
    Tried and tested formula which works. No reason not to stick with it :okay:

M1

Comment

New generation PPC update

Hi

just to finish off the updates, only fair.

today I received the popla result of my appeal. The appeal was allowed.

Reasons. The PPC did not supply any contract or any breakdown of losses.

so, quite a simple one really.

Thanks to all for advice. They won't catch me or anyone I know again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X