• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye appeal rejected. WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye appeal rejected. WON

Hi all.

I recently had a parking charge from parking eye which I appealed with advice off the forum, I received a letter today saying it had been rejected and they provided me with a popla code.

It says on the letter my appeal was unsuccessful due to the fact that parking tariffs apply at this car park. On further investigation our records show that insufficient time was paid for on the date of the parking event.

I am positive I paid for 2.5 to 3 hours and on the charge notice it says I was at the car park for 2 hours 49 minutes. Yet they are charging me 100 pound!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye appeal rejected.

Here's a link to a standard letter for appealing to PoPLA which is successful.
    You will have to check the details to make sure they apply and amend as required
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Comment

Thank you for the reply! I'm assuming I just take out the paragraphs about it being a free car park?? like this one:

There was no parking charge levied, the car park is “free”. On the date of the claimed loss it was nearly empty and there was no physical damage caused. There can have been no loss arising from this incident. Neither can Parking Eye lawfully include their operational day-to-day running costs in enforcing parking restrictions at the site (for example, by erecting signage and employing administration staff) in any 'loss' claimed. See VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICESLIMITED -v- MR R IBBOTSON and A Retailer v Ms B and Ms K, Oxford County Court. This does not represent a loss resulting from a breach of the alleged parking contract. In other words, were no breach to have occurred, the cost of parking enforcement would still have been the same. This has been quoted by PoPLA itself in adjucation.

is there anything else to take out or maybe add in??

Thanks for for your help.

Comment

"There was no parking charge levied, the car park is “free”"

Leave the rest.

M1

Comment

Thank you M1. I have submitted the edited appeal, will keep you informed.

Comment

Just received an email off popla and would like to let you all know that my appeal was successful!! Thank you very much for the help!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X