• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Input one wrong digit and got fine - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input one wrong digit and got fine - Won

Hi all,
    I have ignored a Paking eye fine with success in the past, however I understand that some claims are being taken to court and PE are winning.
    Therefore, this time I need some more up to date advice. I got a PCN for Crown Wharf, Walsall.
    I had bought a ticket, and I was well within my staying time. However, I distinctly remember inputting one of reg plate digits wrong on the ticket machine. I didn't worry at the time, thinking this was for the benefit of foot soldiers rather than 'the eye'. I have not got my ticket any longer.
    What action should I take?
    Many thanks to all that reply.
    Jay
    Tags: None

Re: Input one wrong digit and got fine

Hi again,
    I have crumbled and submitted an online appeal. I will update the thread with any developments.
    Jay

Comment

That's what to do anyway so part 1 is :okay:

If they reject it then edit either http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter or http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit and add in that you paid but misentered the reg.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1
        Jay

Comment

I received the following email today, rather irritating, very patronising, but a good result for me;

"Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 13 August 2014 at 17:58:37, at Crown Wharf Shopping Park car park.

After investigating your appeal it appears that the incorrect vehicle registration was input and this has therefore resulted in the issue of the Parking Charge.

On this occasion as a gesture of goodwill we will be cancelling this Parking Charge. To prevent this situation arising in the future, please ensure the correct vehicle registration details are input.

Kind Regards,

Parking Eye Team"

I have a copy of my appeal if it is of use to anyone. Feel free to ask.

Thanks,
          Jay

Comment

As a gesture of good will Jay, I'll let you keep it.

Good result for you..... Well done.
            “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Well done but I don't see why it is patronising.

Comment

Hi Jay,

I have done exactly the same thing, having just bought a new car im pretty sure I typed in my old registration number!
                I'm kicking myself big time and wish to appeal because I paid and if anything ill be on CCTV somewhere walking back to my car with a ticket!
                Can you please help me out appeal wise, I have no idea how to word it in my defence!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Hannah

Comment

Hi Hannah,
                  The following was written in the online appeal. Please also see advice above from M1 regarding additional info that could be included.

Dear Sir / Madam,
                  ref: xxxxx/xxxxx
                  I did purchase a ticket for the period I was parked at Crown Wharf. I believe that I paid for 1hr (but may be mistaken). Your records for the period shortly after 13/08/2014 17:24:27 (my recorded entry time) will demonstrate that a ticket was purchased for a vehicle that was not captured by your cameras. On checking the details on the printed ticket issued from the machine I realised that I had entered one incorrect character into the keyboard when inputting my registration. If my memory serves me correctly I believe that the actual registration I entered was Kxxx xxV or
                  Kxxx xxV instead of Kxxx xxV (I am certain that it was the last but one digit that I entered wrongly.) Your records will confirm this.
                  It may help, when searching your records to know which machine was used to buy my ticket; I used a machine located approximately half way along the row of outlets on the north-west side of the plot.
                  I did not retain my ticket, I was on holiday at the time and cleared the car out on my return home.
                  I was with my partner at the time and though we went into a number of shops, neither of us purchased anything.
                  I trust I have supplied sufficient information for you to be able to confirm my compliance with the parking regulations at this venue, and that you are able to accept my apologise for a careless mistake whilst inputting my registration.
                  Yours sincerely,
                  J. Haig"

I hope this helps - good luck,
                  Jay

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X