• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

They are/were. It's complicated ... I keep meaning to do a family tree for all the various companies and how they are linked but it's finding the time. Good place to start is on companies house beta, and go through 'officers' and how they link up.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Rhys I haven't seen an email from you yet, but can you see if any of the documents say regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 at the top pls. Particularly the signed page. also is there an interest amount on the fixed sum loan doc?
      Originally posted by Rhysbm View Post
      Hi I have taken photo's of the various documents and hope they help! Sorry I couldn't scan them, its broken!

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

I hope these can help. If they are not clear then I will try to scan them at some point. These are what were left with me by the agent.

Thank you

Rhys
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_93 View Post
        Hey! Just wondering, i have been to the doctors before i started this course about Depression & Anxiety... If i managed to get a medical note etc to help me get out of this would it make it more difficult for me to find a job? My friends said employers can check your history on stuff like that?
        Employers can check employment history which I don't think this would fall under. Even then it's only what other companies choose to tell them through your referee. As far as I'm aware there would be no way of a potential employer to know about any of this unless you told them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mphillips93 View Post
          Hey guys

I'm basically in the same position as everyone here. Been doing the plumbing course for 12 months now provided by TG and financed by CCF. I'm just about to send off my cancellation letters recorded delivery on Monday and I was wondering if anyone else here is abit further down the track and how their getting on fighting this? Any advice?
          Thanks guys
          How are you getting on with cancelling? I want to cancel to, I'm unclear as to what I have to send off and to who?

Comment

hi there recently joined trades gateway i have missed my cancellation period im currently having trouble paying the course along with other bills. is there any possible way to cancel the course. when i signed up for it i wasnt aware that i would be paying 170 per month for the course. please help

Comment

Write to Trades Gateway and tell them you were mislead into signing what you now understand to be a credit agreement and at no point did the sales rep tell you this was the case. You do not wish to continue with the course as you have found it is not as described to you and you are financially unable to continue the course at £170 a month.

Also send a CCA request ( http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement )to the creditor - CF4TS ??
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Write to Trades Gateway and tell them you were mislead into signing what you now understand to be a credit agreement and at no point did the sales rep tell you this was the case. You do not wish to continue with the course as you have found it is not as described to you and you are financially unable to continue the course at £170 a month.

Also send a CCA request ( http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement )to the creditor - CF4TS ??
                Amethyst, I'm obviously a lot further into the course but would you suggest I do the same thing?

Regards

Perry

Comment

Wish I'd found this site last week before signing up.

However i signed on the 4th and sent my cancellation today 9th (a photocopy) recorded delivery to MIS at the address they give on canx. form.

After reading all of the above - not very confident its going to be easy. Oh also emailed them at the contact@mis address informing them I had done this and if there is anything else i am required to do.

Is there anything else i can do for now?

Comment

Have you also sent a cancellation notice to the credit provider ( if there is one ) ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by perryah View Post
                      Amethyst, I'm obviously a lot further into the course but would you suggest I do the same thing?

Regards

Perry
                      Apologies I missed this before, but if the same applies to you with regards the sales techniques, then yes.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst - I have written to Marlborough Information services as I that is the only paperwork i have to cancel with. If the credit provider is another company i don't know who they are yet.
                        I have just spoken with somebody who has assured me it will be cancelled from MIS/trades whoever they are.
                        I got through on 0843 178 2670 with my 'student number'.
                        So will wait and see what happens next and whether they really do.

Comment

Hi i am having the same problem with the canceling of this cores.
                          could you email me pleas.
                          and let me no how you got on and how far did they take it to get the full amount back
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2016, 19:09:PM. Reason: removed email

Comment

I have today cancelled the direct debit. I phoned up customer service and want to cancel. They were extremely unhelpful and am paying 150 for a service I'm not using. They say that I have a credit agreement. Fair enough if I had seen the money but I haven't they have the money in trades gateway account. If they think that I am paying this for the next 3 and a half years they can do one. I emailed Caledonian and they are just as unhelpful. I've filled out an fca form on top of this. Hopefully TG will refund the unused credit. They've had nearly 1000 off me already for something I'm not using.

Comment

Originally posted by scotland
                              quote removed for legal reasons
                              Not a bad plan really, no one seems to be getting anywhere complaining direct to the companies. Complain to the FCA generally about the loan being sold, and make a formal complaint to the finance company which you can then take to the Financial Ombudsman - that will help too.

Also complain to Trading Standards.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2016, 19:09:PM.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi All, my partner fell in the same trap like many others in this thread. He did sign up for an Electrician course back in June 2014 so he is about halfway in time but still at Session 1 B as he had not much time recently to go ahead since his job position has been changed. He also found many bad reviews and has no will anymore to complete the course. So whoever was asking, even after 1.5 years he was not able to finish or to move ahead considerably. His rep was from Trading*Gateway*and the financial company is Carnegie. We are about to send the cancellation form back along with an explanation that he is about to move back to his home country so he won't be able to go any further with this course. It seems that once you're in it is extremely hard to get rid of them so we need to give a really good reason and we think the above is one of them. Since this thread started, could any of you Guys cancel the contract?
                                Btw their course information sheet tells about NVQ 3 diploma is inclusive of the course. I cannot upload but I've made a screenshot about it. So if that's not the case can we legally claim back the amount already paid which is close to 3 grounds??? But our primary goal would be to put an end to this as the rep also told misinformation about the physical trainig would be a total of 4 weeks meanwhile the course plan says 8. Who could afford to have 8 weeks unpaid holiday or to sacrifice all holidays for two years...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X