• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

I went through tho whole process of being mis sold the course, the guy that came to my house he gave me all the answers for the maths and english test as I told him I failed at school and had learning difficulties he then filled out all the paperwork including my bank details wich he took my card from me and copied, he said a whole bunch of things that was complete and utter bullshit, my partner was even say next to me while he said and done all this, there was no mention of a credit agreement loan I only found out that it was one when I went to my bank to sort out my mortgage and it came up on Expedia. The list of lies go on.
    I explained all this to the financial ombudsman who can see in the evidence that he filled out all the paperwork but they still can't help me as they done have enough evidence so that was a waste of time, I'm currently not working and have asked for the payments to be lowered, the first time it was a rude woman and she said no then i rang on a separate occasion and a man said i can only pay what i can afford, being jobless it wasn't much (£40), theres 3 routes you can go down, you can try with the ombudsman but i had no luck with them, you can say you dont have a job and pay them as much or as little as you want (say you are on benifits or jsa) you will pay around £40 a month, or you can stop paying them move house just dont get on the electoral roll until 6 years later when they can't do anything about it, they wont find you in the meantime if you move and don't tell them.
    Anyway I hope this kinda helps, they are sharks and have mis sold hundreds maybe even thousands of people!

Comment

Originally posted by Fleur93 View Post
      I went through tho whole process of being mis sold the course, the guy that came to my house he gave me all the answers for the maths and english test as I told him I failed at school and had learning difficulties he then filled out all the paperwork including my bank details wich he took my card from me and copied, he said a whole bunch of things that was complete and utter bullshit, my partner was even say next to me while he said and done all this, there was no mention of a credit agreement loan I only found out that it was one when I went to my bank to sort out my mortgage and it came up on Expedia. The list of lies go on.
      I explained all this to the financial ombudsman who can see in the evidence that he filled out all the paperwork but they still can't help me as they done have enough evidence so that was a waste of time, I'm currently not working and have asked for the payments to be lowered, the first time it was a rude woman and she said no then i rang on a separate occasion and a man said i can only pay what i can afford, being jobless it wasn't much (£40), theres 3 routes you can go down, you can try with the ombudsman but i had no luck with them, you can say you dont have a job and pay them as much or as little as you want (say you are on benifits or jsa) you will pay around £40 a month, or you can stop paying them move house just dont get on the electoral roll until 6 years later when they can't do anything about it, they wont find you in the meantime if you move and don't tell them.
      Anyway I hope this kinda helps, they are sharks and have mis sold hundreds maybe even thousands of people!
      thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post, none of these options actually deal with the problem though! the outcome I am looking for cant be any of these, there are clear wrongs in their practises, I am hopeful there is someone out there who knows enough about the law and is willing to help, ad actually win these people and expose them for what they really are, its a complete scam! I work a lot of hours right now and I refuse to give any more of my hard earned money to these people, in the meantime I'm trying to read as much as possible to see where we stand, and what are the best options going forward.

Comment

No problem,
        In my case I have lost all hope and resorting to crazy ideas. Its never to late to try and sue them, take it to court or get a solicitor?

Some people on this thread start with good ideas then they don't tell us the outcome.
        Don't really know what else to suggest for you or myself 😓

Comment

Has anybody managed to cancel yet or had repercussions for canceling direct debits?

Comment

hey there did you ever mange to sort out this problem?. Im in a similar situation myself and also looking for help.

Comment

Originally posted by craigmcq View Post
              hey there did you ever mange to sort out this problem?. Im in a similar situation myself and also looking for help.
              The answer and solution is very simple, all you have to do is write a letter to the organisation, make sure it is sent via recorded delivery, stating the salesman who came to my house I believe he was not correctly licensed so I would like to cancel, please refund all monies I have paid immediately within 14 days.

if the organisation can produce incontrovertible proof that they were, then all regulated loan agreement entered into must be repaid as per the signed agreement.

I really don't see what the problem is, because every aspect can be double checked with the FCA. i.e not producing licence details after the 7 days, or when it has been produced having it's authenticity verified by the FCA.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleur93 View Post
                Do you still have copies of the paperwork you signed for the loan, if so i may have a solution

Comment

I also in the same situation but with a company called train 4 jobs and trades tech,I haven't set a direct debit but they are threatening me with legal action has anyone had a motor issue involving these places if so could you help me ?

Comment

Hi,
                    Read pretty much all this thread now, and wishing I had done so a year ago.
                    The short is this time last year I had a 'gentleman' come to my home, selling me a welding course with Cf4TS, 135 quid a month with a small deposit, I could do the course at my own pace and if my circumstances were to change then I could cancel whenever I needed to. No mention of loans etc. I phoned and cancelled 3 months later after minding I couldn't complete the work and it wasn't as I'd anticipated. Nothing was mentioned on the phone either about a cancellation period or outstanding loan. So from December I was under the impression that was that. Started a welding job which would pay for my exams etc. Then today received a letter from Debt collectors stating I owe the outstanding balance of almost £6000. Applauded. Emailed them asking for my contract since I've moved since signing it and will take me a while to find it and for a break down of the bill, although reading the thread it's apparent that sum is from the loan, which I had no idea about, or how they even got me the loan with my non existent credit.
                    Any advise to where to take things from here would be much appreciated.
                    Paying Debt collectors a quid a month so many have paid this off before I die.
                    Thanks in advance,
                    Paddy

Comment

Just like everyone else I am having the same problem. But here is my question. The representative that came round and signed everything for you to get you signed up. Did any of these guys write down there address (his address) on the registration form for trades gate way and a completely different address (his address) for cf4ts. And if so does that mean he has messed up? Or am I still in this horrible position? I have photos to show what I mean

Comment

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. I started an electrician course with Trades Gateway a year and a half ago, they said it would be so easy to do and that i only needed to put in 8 hours work a week to get through it and i could actually complete the course in 2 years, well nearly in the 2 year mark and I am nowhere near the end. It has come to the point now where i can't afford the course anymore and due to awkward shifts that I work I cant even keep up with the course now. Does anyone have any good advice on how to cancel the course. It just seems that everything the salesman said was lies.
                        Any help would be amazing.

Comment

Hi
                          I have the same problem as most people on here . Me and my brother signed up to courses with career finance for trade skills LTD.
                          We had a meeting with a lady that came to my house and she gave us the chat about how the industry needs more plumbers and electricians and we'd be earning this amazing amount of money . When I think about it now I must of be stupid to believe her but we did ! When chatting with her I asked the question "if I wanted to cancel, what would I need to do" to which she told me and my brother "as long as you give them a months notice they should be fine " !! After giving us a case with the first books in she then demanded we pay £50 each upfront (which was a surprise because that was the first time it was mentioned) to so willing ? I have now got debt agency sending letter saying I need to pay the full amount ? I've got a pregnant wife who is going out of her mind worrying and I'm struggling to get things sorted ? Is there anything you could suggest I do to get this mess sorted ? I'm really struggling to cope with the stress now
                          Thank Craig

Comment

I think there at it too they gave me same story am doing a gas course they told me tg would help me if i found it hard to get into industry that tg would help me phoned up tg they turned around and said that was down to me so they told me to google portfolio building and it would cost 1000 pound upward
                            Last edited by christy72; 2nd December 2016, 21:01:PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have made a legal beagle account just to post on this forum. I myself was signed upto the Bright Sparks welding course and now wish to cancel i was signed up to the course when i was 18 and im based within the Glasgow area i've been paying £165 a month for around a year and now wish to cancel the reason being is that the sales representative didn't tell me the nearest training center is in Leeds and i need to complete eight weeks practical training which i cannot do as im in full time work.

Can anyone help me who as im not experienced in how to go about these things, i've sent a email to my tutor and customer care explaining this and awaiting a reply but what is the best mode of action thanks !

Comment

For information

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08744283/officers

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
                                Check 'People' for director
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X