• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio Debt Collection Company Harassment of Former SLC customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Erudio Debt Collection Company Harassment of Former SLC customers

Love it Miss FM!:hail:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Here is a bit of a rub….If a student gets a loan to study accountancy / credit control that sort of thing, then their debt is sold to Crudio, then they get bullied and harassed resulting in a bad credit rating or CCJ.
      Result; they might never be able to secure employment in the field they have studied.

I know many cases where DCAs and OLs have actually stated in their letters ‘If you do not settle this debt we will take action which may result in you being unable to secure employment’. So in other words if you don’t pay up now we will make sure you never can.
      Talk about shooting themselves in the foot!!!!!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

I am about to publish an up date to my book about harassment by debt collectors.
        Also, I am a lawyer who has acted in various successful cases against large organisations in this field.
        If help is needed in a situation where there is a good case for claiming harassment, I am willing to take on such cases on. I should stress I will only help in cases that have merit.

Anthony Reeves

Comment

A hundred million welcomes Mr Reeves. You have come to the right place.

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by AReeves View Post
            I am about to publish an up date to my book about harassment by debt collectors.
            Also, I am a lawyer who has acted in various successful cases against large organisations in this field.
            If help is needed in a situation where there is a good case for claiming harassment, I am willing to take on such cases on. I should stress I will only help in cases that have merit.

Anthony Reeves
            You may be able to add a chapter about Erudio to your book. I do not know if this student loan sell off is all new territory for debt collectors but they really making the deferment process a pain for a great many people. They have according to a poster on Mum's net registered her legally deferred loan as on 'payment holiday' with a CRA stopping her setting up a new bank account. So it has adversely affected her credit rating which surely violates the terms under which she (and many others) took the loan out? Its early days in the fight against Erudio but have you heard about them? What are you professional opinions?

Comment

I believe that a lender can pass on information to a Credit Reference Agency if it tells you it will do so in the Terms & Conditions. I was looking at the agreements (pre 1998 and then post 1998). The agreement pre 1998 does not appear to have a term about passing information to CRA's. The agreement post 1998 has a term that information may be passed to a CRA if the terms of the agreement are broken and in a few other situations (eg where there is fraud or to others required to have it by law.) However, if you legitimately obtained a deferral under the terms then that I cannot believe would be a breach and hence no basis to allow passing of information to a CRA.

So perhaps a basis to bring a claim for breach of contract. Perhaps those affected might like to contact me with all the relevant documents so that I can make a full and proper assessment. If appropriate, maybe I could assist in the taking of action against them for you.

Anthony Reeves

Originally posted by Pluthero View Post
              You may be able to add a chapter about Erudio to your book. I do not know if this student loan sell off is all new territory for debt collectors but they really making the deferment process a pain for a great many people. They have according to a poster on Mum's net registered her legally deferred loan as on 'payment holiday' with a CRA stopping her setting up a new bank account. So it has adversely affected her credit rating which surely violates the terms under which she (and many others) took the loan out? Its early days in the fight against Erudio but have you heard about them? What are you professional opinions?

Comment

Mr reeves, its a question of maths for me. I have loans of around 6000k. If its going to cost more in legal fees/advice to face down Erudio in court (with the possibilitiy of losing) then there is no incentive to take them on/ Never mind the time/emotional costs of doing so. I want to take them on but wife wants to get a mortgage in next 18 months so I cannot risk an adverse judgement and credit rating ruin. What are the options for a class action? Would it be worth while trying to band people together launch one to spread the costs?

Comment

Thank you for your message.
                  The first thing is for me to assess the basis of the claim in more detail. I am prepared to do this without charge.
                  If the case has a good prospect then I am prepared to consider some form of partial CFA (conditional fee agreement).
                  So the costs would be, court fees if it proceeds to a court claim and if I can't get Counsel on a CFA, the costs of a barrister to present the case in court.
                  I don't know about a class action, but there may be other claimants who could share the costs and make it manageable.
                  If you are interested, I suggest you get in touch so that I can discuss matters in more detail.
                  If you send me a PM, I'll give my work e-mail address.

Anthony Reeves

Originally posted by Pluthero View Post
                  Mr reeves, its a question of maths for me. I have loans of around 6000k. If its going to cost more in legal fees/advice to face down Erudio in court (with the possibilitiy of losing) then there is no incentive to take them on/ Never mind the time/emotional costs of doing so. I want to take them on but wife wants to get a mortgage in next 18 months so I cannot risk an adverse judgement and credit rating ruin. What are the options for a class action? Would it be worth while trying to band people together launch one to spread the costs?

Comment

Thought you might like an update on what I have been doing on the issue of Erudio.
                    I am getting Counsel's opinion which I should have by early next week. His initial view is that he agrees with my view on the issues of DAF's and Data Protection but I will await his final conclusions. So I am quite confident of the position in this area.
                    I note concerns about the costs of taking action against Erudio but if those who want to take on Erudio want to chip in a small amount then I would most likely do the rest on a success fee basis. As to the risk of not winning and having their costs to pay, well if the amounts involved are less than £10,000, and it is therefore allocated to the small claims track, the general rule is no legal fees are awarded in the small claims track unless unreasonable conduct can be shown under CPR Part 27.14(2)(g).

Anthony Reeves

Anthony Reeves

Comment

Anthony I have emailed you about this!

Many thanks

Comment

Hi Pluthero,

Unfortunately Anthony was contacting site users by private message offering pay for services (on a number of issues) and has thus left the site. He will probably still receive your email although he won't be able to respond to you on here. As always do your homework and do not part with money upfront.

Sharon
                        xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X